1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lothloran

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Really? You know the cost of each of those server upgrades or new servers entirely, and you have access to Riot's financial statements? You know their revenues, their expenses, their taxes, and are fully aware of how much they have to spend on such things?

Your nonsense unravels.
I know how much a server station would cost, yes. Unlike you, apparently, it's my business to know. Riot could completely revamp their servers to fix problems that have been reported by many (not just myself, in answer to the other person's quote, I am not the only person experiences these issues and I run a T1 fiber optic line, my internet never drops, however the game drops more frequently than any other game I play)

A complete overhaul on riots servers, to accommodate their traffic world wide would cost between 5-10 million dollars. A small price to pay considering their start up value was rated at 250million and they've grown to many multitudes of that. It doesn't take a genius to work out that even if only 1% of their total user base spent 10 dollars a month they would still be making 36million dollars a year. As I have said earlier. And considering tencent bought out riotgames for 400million dollars likely means that riot made 100-200million. Needless to say, they are billionaires who can afford these relatively minor costs. it would be like buying a pack of gum with a 100 dollar bill.

Yes, I know how much it would cost to fix these issues and I know that they have the money to do so considering they gave away 5,000,000 as a prize. Likely 1-2% of their total annual income that year.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

What is your business? Where did you come by these figures?
Sources are good.

TheNameIsJohnny

01-04-2013

comparing League to chess? you kidding?

Punish trash talking? MUTE the other side. Since there is no COMMUNICATION required. This game is turning into a CHILD game.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Trigger View Post
congrats OP, you're the smartest kid with down syndrome.
The ghosts in Lavender Town could disguise themselves as the ghosts of humans. Or maybe... maybe they were the ghosts of humans all along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothloran View Post
I know how much a server station would cost, yes. Unlike you, apparently, it's my business to know. Riot could completely revamp their servers to fix problems that have been reported by many (not just myself, in answer to the other person's quote, I am not the only person experiences these issues and I run a T1 fiber optic line, my internet never drops, however the game drops more frequently than any other game I play)

A complete overhaul on riots servers, to accommodate their traffic world wide would cost between 5-10 million dollars. A small price to pay considering their start up value was rated at 250million and they've grown to many multitudes of that. It doesn't take a genius to work out that even if only 1% of their total user base spent 10 dollars a month they would still be making 36million dollars a year. As I have said earlier. And considering tencent bought out riotgames for 400million dollars likely means that riot made 100-200million. Needless to say, they are billionaires who can afford these relatively minor costs. it would be like buying a pack of gum with a 100 dollar bill.

Yes, I know how much it would cost to fix these issues and I know that they have the money to do so considering they gave away 5,000,000 as a prize. Likely 1-2% of their total annual income that year.
Sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNameIsJohnny View Post
comparing League to chess? you kidding?

Punish trash talking? MUTE the other side. Since there is no COMMUNICATION required. This game is turning into a CHILD game.
...because it is one?

PridefulOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

... So what you're saying is you're a white knight that could've been doing something more profitable in your spare time?

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridefulOne View Post
... So what you're saying is you're a white knight that could've been doing something more profitable in your spare time?
I do IT work for a living, I can easily finish a day of cases there. Silly goose.

Lothloran

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
What is your business? Where did you come by these figures?
Sources are good.
My business is computer technology. I don't feel comfortable getting any more in depth than that other than to say that I used to work for a once very popular game developer on one of their online projects.

These figures I quoted would be top of the line but I would say riot could passably overhaul their servers with as little as 500k-1m. I ran a private mmo server on a tower that cost me 15,000 to accommodate 750ish people. Given the traffic this game sees world wide, 24/7/365. For example
Second Life has over 2000 servers.
2000 servers x $500 per server = $1 000 000. 00

Server Hardware Cost: $1 000 000. 00 *

Hardware Cost: $1 009 000. 00

Grand total: $1 459 000. 00

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/que...e-of-an-mmorpg

Extrapolating the people using second life and the people playing LoL it was just a bit of an educated guess

Sources for a lazy OP who can't google.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp tencent 400million

http://www.businessinsider.com/digit...-riot-games-51 riot games start up worth.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothloran View Post
My business is computer technology. I don't feel comfortable getting any more in depth than that other than to say that I used to work for a once very popular game developer on one of their online projects.

These figures I quoted would be top of the line but I would say riot could passably overhaul their servers with as little as 500k-1m. I ran a private mmo server on a tower that cost me 15,000 to accommodate 750ish people. Given the traffic this game sees world wide, 24/7/365. For example
Second Life has over 2000 servers.
2000 servers x $500 per server = $1 000 000. 00

Server Hardware Cost: $1 000 000. 00 *

Hardware Cost: $1 009 000. 00

Grand total: $1 459 000. 00

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/11155/cost-of-game-development-and-maintenance-of-an-mmorpg

Extrapolating the people using second life and the people playing LoL it was just a bit of an educated guess

Sources for a lazy OP who can't google.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp tencent 400million

http://www.businessinsider.com/digital-100?op=1 riot games start up worth.
Okay...so how much of this is Riot and not assumptions? Different games have different costs, with different amounts of accounts, activity etc. Is Second Life as big or small as Riot?

LG Driven

Master Recruiter

01-04-2013

You've too much time.

Lothloran

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
Okay...so how much of this is Riot and not assumptions? Different games have different costs, with different amounts of accounts, activity etc.
And your point is? Riot still needs to accommodate 30,000,000 players world wide. It's the 4th most played game in the world and in addition to the 30m active players has somewhere around 50-65m registered users and 12million people playing daily.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+many+people...gue+of+legends
I took that into account when I gave my opinion.

I'm making the educated guess that it would cost a few million dollars to fix the server issues.
It is a fact that riot *has* server issues.