1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xEternal Rose

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
According to the Justice Review thing, I've got over 1000 cases correct, almost 19000 in justice rating, ranked 148. My accuracy is 85.1%, and I've permabanned 33 players.

In a typical day, I pardon maybe 2 of my 20 daily cases. However, most of my incorrect cases are where I punished a case that was ultimately pardoned. Based on this, I'd say about 4 in 20 cases are typically pardoned. That's an 80% punish chance for any case.

I WILL punish if even one case of five is punishable.

Things I always punish for:
1. Excessive cursing out allies.
2. Excessive taunting the enemy.
3. Excessive flaunting to the enemy. IE “Ohhhh almost!” “Lolnope.” “Try harder.” Etc.
4. “gg noobs”. Yes, even if that's the only thing in the case.
5. Ragequitting.

What I'm talking about here is poor sportsmanship. I absolutely will not tolerate it. Some people might criticize this, accusing me of wanting LoL to be a game people play with monocles and tea. And you know what? Yeah, I do want that. LoL is a strategy game akin to chess. Do you see Garry Kasparov mocking Ding Liren after every play? Liren makes a bad play and loses a pawn, Kasparov says “lol nope nice try noob try harder”? No, that doesn't happen. Grow up, be a good sport, or go play something more suited to your mindset. I hear Call of Duty is good for that.

Things I never punish for:
1. A bad game or several bad games.
2. An AFK in which a reason is given... provided it's not multiple cases or if he gives the same reason every time, something he should have the common sense to plan around. I'm not all that picky about the reason. Girlfriend wants ***? Sorry, team, that's more important.
3. Asking for honor.

We've all had that one game where we went 0/12/4. Stop acting like you're M5, get off your high horse, we've ALL had them and it happens more often than we care to admit. That's not a bannable offense. And those cases where all 5 are something like this? All that means is that the player had no games in which they cursed out their team or otherwise got reported. It sure will look intentional if that's literally the only thing anyone could ever report them over.

Things I sometimes punish for, depending on whether or not they happen repeatedly, and what clues the chat gives me:
1. Games in which a person never connected.
2. Clear trolling via a dual mid or somesuch.
3. Excessive pinging, for the sake of it.

Bugsplats happen, thank you Riot, you're like the only game I've ever seen in which this happens so goddamn often. And if a person doesn't know what to do about it, well, what can you do. I'm not banning someone because Riot can't code their game correctly. Hi Riot. You either smiled at this or frowned at it. Hiiiii. Eve 2012.

In the case of I Called It vs. I'm First Pick, it's trickier. I try to follow the clues of the chat. Thankfully, most of these cases degenerate into a rich plethora of four letter words anyway.

Excessive pinging... come on. If someone makes the game less enjoyable, I'll do likewise.

I do not give in to the popular opinion in order to raise my accuracy. Biggest example is the gg noobs thing. I can tell you, based on cases I've gotten wrong, that “gg noobs” is not enough to get punished. But i'll still punish for it, even knowing that I'll probably get it wrong, because that's what I believe.

One thing I am annoyed by is how few people actually report for obvious offenses. There have been games in which an ally absolutely berrated his team, but only one of the enemies actually bothered reporting for it. Are you kidding me? People whine about excessive reporting, but if you ask me, people need to step it up. No wonder this community is so terrible. Hardly anyone reports what needs to be reported. People always talk about junk cases of rage reporting, but I'm lucky if I get one or two of those a week.

AMA.
some one feelz like the lol judge dred... gg NOOB. in a way i feel like your just as bad as the kids in the reports cause you probably get off every time you ban some one get a life and just play the ****in game..
and before anyone says anything i have never been banned so yeah this kinda post just makes me mad.. been playing this game for almost 3 years now.. and the tribunal is the worst thing to happen to it,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippoguy

Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
there is a big difference between playing poorly and being a poor sport. playing poorly means you aren't that great at the game. you aren't micheal jordan, but perhaps you can at least play decently sometimes.

being a poor sport means you rage and frequently pick fights. you can avoid this by not picking fights and attempting to support your team mates, even if it might not be the right call to make at the time. there have been times where one person's leadership has gotten the entire team killed, but the point is that we at least tried to work together to win without one person going off and ignoring the rest of the team.
No, being a poor sport means you aren't feeling great that specific game. You aren't mother Teresa, but perhaps you can at least be nice sometimes. See how that works? Same thing. People have bad games both mentally and emotionally. It's not right to ban someone for feeling upset and trying to play a game to cool off, in the same sense that it's not right to ban someone who's playing right after an exam and is mentally fatigued and is being outplayed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byk Beta Player

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Read Page 6, and support everything on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicmerkz View Post
some one feelz like the lol judge dred... gg NOOB. in a way i feel like your just as bad as the kids in the reports cause you probably get off every time you ban some one get a life and just play the ****in game..

Ikr.. this guy.. is totally a no lifer of the different sort than us.. we play the game.. we try to have fun.. we like banter and trash talking.. this guy spending so much time on tribunal.. I mean come on right lol..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UL9 Spark

Member

12-26-2012

Started doing the tribunal again today. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Next

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-26-2012

soemone is sitting on their high horse


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arn aorh a

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarhawkX86 View Post
I used to report whenever summoners code was violated, Riot banned my acct for excessive "ABUSE" of the report feature.

Why should I stick my account on the line to clean up the community? Riot will ban again for excessive reports in the future, and this community is not worth my account being banned.
the only people who were banned in that wave were those who reported excessively AND were reported excessively

ie you were a negative influence in the community and reported people a lot when they didn't deserve it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Is it so wrong to enforce good sportsmanship.
This is a strawman, as you are not addressing the actual point. I would appreciate if you did.

I'll answer your question though.

If enforcing good sportsmanship was what you were doing, it would be different. What you are doing is punishing people for a not bad part of human nature. It causes no notable harm, so why punish it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippoguy View Post
Why do you keep misinterpreting my point? No, I wouldn't ban for that because it would be moronic. That being said, it's on the same scale as somebody ruining somebody's game/day by trash-talking and being a poor sport, which is what I'm trying to say. The whole point is it makes NO sense to ban someone for trash talking because there is ALMOST NO DIFFERENCE between playing poorly and being a poor sport.

And yes, those games do happen, provided everybody on the team supports one another when they rage and play poorly. The difference between you and me is that I am actually trying to correct a fault, you are just trying to ban anything you believe hurts others' feelings. Grow up.
Almost no difference. Meaning there is a difference. Your own admission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmie Zoe View Post
oops wwrong quote xD!!!


Anyway
well its only you that can't see who you ignored, and you still have 3 team mates. I see what you mean, but also I'm not saying just ignore players who trash talk but if they are doing more trash talking than strategizing <-- well might help more than hurt!
It still makes it that much harder to win, and that's not right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byk Beta Player

Senior Member

12-26-2012

m 23 years old and started gaming at 7, that 16 years of gameing under my belt. Ive been officially gaming online for about 12 starting with Counter strike. After 12 years of online gameing you know that gamers rage when something doesnt go there way and i know for a fact that after the match is done they just go "whatever it was a game". but obviously you are blind and ignorant of that fact. As nostalgic as this next game title is..Runescape, i do believe they have a decent banning system in which Moderators are the only ones allowed to bann which works out quite well then again, its a MMORPG. Tribunal however doesn't work. Im thinking about joining tribunal so that when i see people who use the system to duely wrong players by banning them ill look for you and bann you just because. Thats how i feel. Prove to me that this system actually works. Then you can have my support.

Only one judge can exist and its judge dredd and page 6 has everything needed and i support everything on page 6 except for the 2nd to last post that one is just ehh idk stupid.

New era of gamers who havent played aslong deserve there right to rage since they havent played as long as most of us old gamers have and know what its like to be a gamer.