Noobish Questions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torenthal

12-26-2012

Hey fellow summoners,

I just started playing this game a few days ago and I have a few questions concerning strategy, feel free to post if you want to help a noob like me out!

I most play as Orianna and play mid.

-What's the first item I should buy?
-What do honor/teamwork/helpful/friendly points do?
-How do I run away without getting my ass kicked?

---

Anyways thanks, and if you want to play with me feel free to add me to your friend's list and got look in your games!

Torenthal

alaskaneagle

12-26-2012

I have only tried orianna out one or two times but in general;

/Getting kills is a distant second to Not Dieing.
/Know your job, as orianna you should be the main ap power dmg for your team. I she is also a good champ for zoning out enemies so make sure you learn when and how to do that.
/it's a team game and as mid you have the ability to get to top or bot to gank or help. Remember it's a team game and help the team.
/farming minis is the main and most reliable method of getting gold so make sure your last hitting skills are up to par or better.
/also orianna is good at harassing so try to also prevent the enemy from getting farm as long as you can do it safely.
/also keep track of where your jungler is and try to keep track of where the enemy jungler is so you know when he can gank for you and when it's likely your going to be ganked.

That's about all I got for you. hope it helps :-)

O & don't worry about asking "noobish" questions, this is the right place for them

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-26-2012

Hello and welcome.

I'd recommend checking out a guide for Orianna, like the ones at LoLKing. Most guides will probably tell you to start with boots and health potions, although a Crystalline Flask + potions may also be good. For some AP Mids, a Doran's Ring is a good choice against certain opponents.

As long as you can use your abilities, Orianna's not bad at getting away. Use E on yourself followed by W. You'll gain a temporary shield, a speed boost, and any enemies chasing you on a direct path will be slowed by the field you leave behind. Buying boots early also helps, if you didn't start with them. Keep in mind that when you hit summoner level 14, you should choose Flash as 1 of your 2 summoner spells. It is an extremely valuable emergency escape that almost everyone uses.

Honor points currently do nothing except give you a colored ribbon once you've earned enough. They're just a way of displaying your good behavior to other players.

Kanon Azai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

-What's the first item I should buy? - I start Boots 3 pots, but you can do whatever feels most comftorable.
-What do honor/teamwork/helpful/friendly points do? - If you accumulate enough of these, you get a little ribbon on your load in screen that shows you are a very helpful/friendly ect. player.
-How do I run away without getting my ass kicked? - If you dont currently, always run flash. You can use this to go over some walls and to put distance between you and your pursuer. Also, Sheild yourself and then use W, it will give you a movespeed boost and opponets that stand on your ball a slow.
Hope this helped!
Edit: also if your not high enough summoner level to use Flash, I suggest Ghost/Exhaust to speed yourself up or slow your pursuer down.

Sukh01

12-26-2012

1. Generic guides say that you should go for boots + 3hp pots, but that's when you know your enemy and the boots help you avoid some skills. If you are a new newbie of the noobs as we all seem to be, try using hp regeneration items, and hp pots, because you need to stand on your lane to get levels and farm on the beggining.

2. Ribbons and crests, they tell other ppl you are: friendly, helpful, teamworker, or a good opponent.

3. You need experience in game to know when you have to retreat. For me, right now its hard to tell when you should be getting away. When you can't see an enemy or you start reading "mia's" be ready to hug a tower or retreat near your buddies. Sometimes when you retreat to late, only flash can save you from death.(as Rey said above)

* This site can help you with the items, and it was made by one of our fellow summoners of the NA server (s3.microtony.com/) hope it works for you.

Jookah

12-27-2012

I'd say start with boots, 1 health pot, and 2 mana pots... The thing with Oriana is to get VERY comfortable with the amount of distance you can be away from her ball. Stay in that sweet spot distance and harass that **** out of your opponent, using the mana pots to fuel your Q. This also answers question 3, use your ability to stay away from your opponent to your advantage and carry flash or ghost/exhaust (as was mentioned) to get you out of sticky situations. And the ribbons... wish i had one... Anyways! Learn more at:

Summoner's School!

Torenthal

01-13-2013

Thank you all for your help! I'm getting quite good

Torenthal

02-15-2013

HeeHee, fun memories looking back at my level 1 days...