QUESTION!! Is JOJ and Judgement official or just fan fictions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toki AkA

12-26-2012

As the title,
I'm a player from China, mainland.
The lore and story which we can see in mainland is not so much as in here or in Taiwan,
as Tencent wouldn't give out so much stories.
But I loved the stories of Journal of Justice, and the Judgement. I found the Chinese version in forums of Taiwan, and shared them to my friends.

But when I told them stories in the JOJ, they just tell me JOJ and Judgement are only fan fictions.
This made me so unhappy. I don't think JOJ are fan fictions, and I need evidence to prove myself !!

P.S. how can I get to the JOJ pages through the official website of LOL? I searched for the whole website and I am not able to find it.

Over The Horizon

12-26-2012

The Journal of Justice and Official League Judgements were written by Riot, and are canon, not fan-fiction so rest easy.
There are fan-fiction judgements made by players on the forums, several of them are a good read, but shouldn't be confused with the official ones. A section containing the official League Judgements can be found in Sylph's Chamber of Antiquity. An easy way to tell whether a Judgement is official or fan-made is looking at the user name, Riot staff usernames are usually coloured red and have "Riot" before the actual username, hence the nickname "Reds".

The official JoJ site is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...13-july-20-cle, it's a section of the official site, written by Riot staff.

All of the Lore based data can be found on the North America server, other regions are like you said somewhat limited to what is given out (probably due to translation issues and the like) but there is a great deal there to look at.

I'm sure that this should be proof enough for your friends, good luck convincing them.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toki AkA View Post
As the title,
I'm a player from China, mainland.
The lore and story which we can see in mainland is not so much as in here or in Taiwan,
as Tencent wouldn't give out so much stories.
But I loved the stories of Journal of Justice, and the Judgement. I found the Chinese version in forums of Taiwan, and shared them to my friends.

But when I told them stories in the JOJ, they just tell me JOJ and Judgement are only fan fictions.
This made me so unhappy. I don't think JOJ are fan fictions, and I need evidence to prove myself !!

P.S. how can I get to the JOJ pages through the official website of LOL? I searched for the whole website and I am not able to find it.
Hi Toki. I am not sure if there are any JOJ links on Riot's site, while the series was still active, all of the links were available through the PvP.net client.

You can find the links externally using my sticky post:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=256575

Feel free to add me in game if you have any additional questions, perhaps I can help.

Thanks.

Toki AkA

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Horizon View Post
The Journal of Justice and Official League Judgements were written by Riot, and are canon, not fan-fiction so rest easy.
There are fan-fiction judgements made by players on the forums, several of them are a good read, but shouldn't be confused with the official ones. A section containing the official League Judgements can be found in Sylph's Chamber of Antiquity. An easy way to tell whether a Judgement is official or fan-made is looking at the user name, Riot staff usernames are usually coloured red and have "Riot" before the actual username, hence the nickname "Reds".

The official JoJ site is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...13-july-20-cle, it's a section of the official site, written by Riot staff.

I'm sure that this should be proof enough for your friends.
Thanks for your reply !!
I'll show these links to my friends!! Thanks again! This helps a lot!

Toki AkA

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Hi Toki. I am not sure if there are any JOJ links on Riot's site, while the series was still active, all of the links were available through the PvP.net client.

You can find the links externally using my sticky post:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=256575

Feel free to add me in game if you have any additional questions, perhaps I can help.

Thanks.
Thank you very much!
A friend in Taiwan also gave me a screenshot picture just now, that shows JOJ in the PvP.net client.
I'll show these all to my friends in mainland..
Lore and stories are as important as the gameplay itself !