dominion ranked in season 3 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

waleedarshad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

title is self explanatory hoping for a red comment or if its already been answered can someone direct me to that tread

Damieh

12-26-2012

That someone is called search function =).

To keep a long story short: No official announcements were made but most of us believe (and are quite certain about it) that ranked won't happen in S3.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damieh View Post
That someone is called search function =).

To keep a long story short: No official announcements were made but most of us believe (and are quite certain about it) that ranked won't happen in S3.
Who's most and why are you so certain we won't get it?

WaterD103

12-27-2012

Feedski, nome already explained why there won't be ranked.

Digikid13

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Feedski, nome already explained why there won't be ranked.
I always hear you saying that....but with no proof.

Infirc

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
Riot post in faqs about season 3 with someone stating that jagger i think his name was (he's the eprson in charge of ranked queues and matchmaking) decided not to turn Dominion ranked on during season 3, so it was literally official, as far aas it seems it seems like Dominion ranked is in the plans for... s5 :S

edit: his name is Yegg the link is: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2744128&page=6, it's the Riot post 11 (thanks Thiocyanate )

KoD MAD PunZ

12-29-2012

Soooo then what was the reason of removing "Jabebot" if unofficial Dominion elo doesnt even matter? They revolve this **** only around SR and Fanboys have all the info on who said what but cant post any proof. I'd like to see where someone said it won't be fully functional till season 5 due to Dominion's "creation flaws".

ThioCyanate

12-29-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2744128&page=6

there it is, Yegg very clearly stated that "we don't feel like adding ranked [to dominion]" is the "right way to support" it. Riot post 11 of 24

NamKim

12-29-2012

People should read Yegg's post in its entirety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We don't feel like adding ranked is the right way to support Dominion right now. We'd prefer to focus on growing the community first through supporting the map in other ways, and then we'll look at adding another queue.
Riot's priority is to support Dominion in other ways, with a lot of focus on growing the community.

Currently, the most famous Dominion community is Dominate Dominion.

Dominate Dominion is ran by DD TheFeedski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post

Edit: Anyways, I've been like a little brat and complained enough. The amount of time I spend complaining, I could have spent playing Dominion or talking with cool people in the DominateDominion chat.

A Slime Appears

12-29-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...67059#30867059

"I hear you and I agree that it sucks that there's no way to see how you match up with other players in Dominion right now. However, adding a queue (or changing a queue to have visible Elo and the like) is a bigger deal than you would think in terms of the work involved, both on the backend and for the client.

I want to keep this thread focused on the season end and ranked rewards, but I'll continue talking to the team about what you guys are saying. In closing, we DO want to support Dominion players, and that very well might involve adding a ranked queue during Season 3. We haven't decided that we'll never do it, and we agree that there are good reasons to add it. There are just other ways that we'd rather focus our efforts in terms of supporting the map at the moment."

I really wish people would stop going around posting about how we will never get it (especially since Water does it in every damn post he can). You are essentially scaring away the very people we are supposed to be accumulating. Perhaps they are lying to us, and if you think that, that's cool, just don't ruin it for the rest of us.