Picking a support champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peltz

Recruiter

12-26-2012

I've played a few supports, Lulu, Sona, and Lux.
I've liked all three and I'm leaning towards Sona. I love Lux, but I prefer playing her as a mid AP

I want a rather passive support ^^

Peltz

Recruiter

12-26-2012

I use these champions
Top-Vi
Mid-Ziggs, Lux
Bot-Caitlyn

Oddible

12-26-2012

There are no passive supports. What are you asking exactly? You want to be lazy and not play well? Supports often carry their ADC in early game, very active. Their abilities are often very difficult strategic decisions (do you buff your team or use your ability on an enemy). The timing of ability use is critical and the targeting cannot miss or someone dies.

I hate seeing posts like these where people seem to be asking for a role they can just chill out in. This gives supports a bad rap.

NannerNe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

I hope you mean passive as in "has long-ranged poke", because by no means should a support be passive unless you're behind. You should always be looking to make plays and whittle the enemy down.

If that is what you're looking for, Sona, Lux, and Lulu are good picks. I prefer Lulu as she has wonderful tools for both offensive and defensive play.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddible View Post
There are no passive supports.
Soraka. Fool.

Supports are passive if there are no plays to be made. You CAN make a play with Soraka, but it wouldn't be as strong as Leona.

-Scorch

I recommend Zyra, XF9. Like Lux in execution. Soraka was mentioned if you want the more passive sustainy option.

-Banister

Hieronymus Bosch

12-26-2012

soraka or janna are the best "passive" supports I think. Janna is a lot more versatile, but she has one of the best defensive kits in the game. Soraka is just plain boring if that's what you're looking for.

Vilyra

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XF9 View Post
I've played a few supports, Lulu, Sona, and Lux.
I've liked all three and I'm leaning towards Sona. I love Lux, but I prefer playing her as a mid AP

I want a rather passive support ^^

nami is excellent if you're good with her, and terrible if not. try her out

NannerNe

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Soraka. Fool.

-Scorch
I'm sorry to say you're a horrible Soraka then. Manaless poke and an armor buff on her heal to assist in trades is what you call "passive"?

Mr AstroSloth

12-26-2012

I really enjoy Lulu. Sona is good too, but if you're new to support I'd refrain from playing her in pubs until you get used to her.

I also like Soraka, but she is extremely passive. She doesn't have much poke ability. Her silence and mana regen are pretty boss though.

XtremeApocalypse

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Soraka. Fool.

Supports are passive if there are no plays to be made. You CAN make a play with Soraka, but it wouldn't be as strong as Leona.

-Scorch

I recommend Zyra, XF9.

-Banister
A passive Soraka is a dead Soraka.

Soraka should always be harassing with bananas and sometimes infuse.