Why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fusion31690

12-26-2012

I would like to know why It is not viable to play a champ such as rammus, or and off support with the bot adc if our team has a top and a jungle. I feel another tank with cc would be more valuable then someone playing a sona or soraka that isnt good with them. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Vrykonik

12-26-2012

Rammus is one of the ultimate supports in the game. People who don't know why you would pick Rammus are common in games though. Really though in order to play him you have to have an adc who knows what you're doing and you have to be ultra aggressive in zoning. No squishy support has a chance against a good Rammus though =) Taunt = gg

Armstice

12-26-2012

Rammus isn't bad but like most champs that aren't played competitivly there are other champs that do his job better and with more utility.

Boagster

12-26-2012

While I agree that a tank with more CC is more valuable to many team compositions than a Soraka or Zyra can be, it's exactly that - dependent on the team composition.

The issue with Rammus is that he's hardly a threat as a Support unless played in the most capable of hands. In most instances, the other team will see him coming, able to at least create some distance between themselves and Rammus's ADC before that taunt can land. Other tanks can do what you want from Rammus more effectively: Leona with her gap-closer and stun combo, Taric with his stun (Exhaust being a must for him), Alistar with his headbutt and knock-up (both independently or combo'd) and Blitzcrank with his pull and knock-up. Hell, I'd say that even unconventional Support Galio can do the job better, despite only having soft CC when pre-6 or when his ult is on CD.

Also, don't underestimate a Sona in almost any situation. With the Season 3 Support changes, she can become downright scary later on in teamfights, more so than the other squishy Supports.

Fusion31690

12-26-2012

I played him bot yesterday night in ranked and did extremely well. If you just get taunt and curl ranked first you can almost always feed your carry if you have a type like cait, ashe, or miss fortune plus many more. I feel he can really help a team due to him being able to get to other lanes to gank so quickly but people look at me like im the idiot lol. last night my carry was 5 and 0 before mid game started. I did my job. my carrry got fed and had a lot of minions. and I protected her (miss fortune).

Fusion31690

12-26-2012

I usually iniciate from behind and let my team know when to go in and get the carry. by level 8 I have taunt full and am abl to pull that carry just enough for my team to own them. Never iniciate with a rammus from the front because the tanks and supports will just slow you down and destroy your team. Thats just my feelings on it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-26-2012

Rammus is a mediocre support. Part of the problem is he's very, very hard to get going.

The problem is, you're going to want to build a Philosopher's Stone, both to deal with Rammus' poor mana regen, and to get some GP10 since you're not farming minions.

Then you're going to want to get at least a Sightstone so you can save gold on wards. And by the time you buy boots, you've spent 1750 gold on items that don't have any armor at all on them, and that's not counting the wards you bought between 0:00 and completing your Sightstone--or potions.

Rammus' W and passive scale to armor--he's not much good without a lot of Armor. And when you're already waiting so long before you can build armor without skirting your support duties, it becomes that much more difficult to stack up a lot of armor for mid and late game. It's hard to get support Rammus into Thornmail and Randuin's Omen without building all the other items that other supports will bring to enhance their team's teamfighting abilities.