Ruby Sightstone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StompEmlnTheNuts

12-26-2012

Such an OP item. I can't tell you how much I love this item and use it for it's utility. First of all, if you play Lee Sin jungle, you have no excuse to not get this item. Secondly, three free wards on the map at one point, two replacements without basing. Enemy pinked dragon? No problem, let me triangulate wards around it and bait them to it. Nothing like the power of "free" money.

This item should be core build on all supports AND junglers. If you aren't getting this as a jungler, you are basically saying, "no I won't spend 1300 gold on some health and best map control item in the game." With two of them on your team, there is no reason your team should ever question where the enemy is.

So please, please buy this item. Abuse it. I can't imagine it staying this good forever.

StompEmlnTheNuts

12-26-2012

Also, this item pays for itself so fast. If you only use 3 wards every time immediately after buying, and only lay them when the previous 3 expire, then it pays for itself between 15-18 minutes.

zeroempathy

12-26-2012

Ya I always buy on lee sin, I fit it in on some other junglers as well.

Elchulus

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StompEmlnTheNuts View Post
Also, this item pays for itself so fast. If you only use 3 wards every time immediately after buying, and only lay them when the previous 3 expire, then it pays for itself between 15-18 minutes.
That's a really long time. Meanwhile your 1300g deficit is probably going to cause you to be weak as hell for the remainder of the time. You shouldn't go around making blanket statements like "every jungler get this item now."

I'm pretty sure it's only a must-buy on support-like junglers.

StompEmlnTheNuts

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
That's a really long time. Meanwhile your 1300g deficit is probably going to cause you to be weak as hell for the remainder of the time. You shouldn't go around making blanket statements like "every jungler get this item now."

Weak? Are you kidding me? It gives you 300 health in which health has basically been buffed because of the amount of defensive reduction items in the game now. And as far as damage output goes, how can having a tactical advantage over the enemy not increase that for your whole team. This item is a must on all junglers.

Poppie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post

list:

nunu.

IConquer1101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Weak? Are you kidding me? It gives you 300 health in which health has basically been buffed because of the amount of defensive reduction items in the game now. And as far as damage output goes, how can having a tactical advantage over the enemy not increase that for your whole team. This item is a must on all junglers.
meanwhile giants belt is 300 cheaper and gives MORE health.

That's the kind of thing he's talking about.

The item is strong, to be sure, but it doesn't come without cost. That cost is lowered stats.

StompEmlnTheNuts

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IConquer1101 View Post
meanwhile giants belt is 300 cheaper and gives MORE health.

That's the kind of thing he's talking about.

The item is strong, to be sure, but it doesn't come without cost. That cost is lowered stats.
More health, 0 wards, doesn't pay for itself.

Xyirx

12-26-2012

In my opinion, Ruby Sightstone could be a very good item for Lee Sin because he can gain more jungle control and also used as free 5 flashes (Five!) every time he returns to base. I would not rush this item, but it's definitely great during late game to have 6 ghost wards around the map rather than 3 from support, right?

Brodin

12-26-2012

Quote:
More health, 0 wards, doesn't pay for itself.
It's a nice item, sure, but I think their point is that you are getting 750 gold worth of health (based on giant's belt), and thus essentially pre-paying 550 gold for wards. Sure, after a certain amount of time you are getting free wards, provided you are using the item whenever possible, and as long as your team has decent map awareness to make use of those wards it may be worth it.

You also have to look at how useful the wards are to you yourself. Lee Sin loves extra wards in his inventory for ward jumps, which is part of the reason wriggle's has been popular on him. So I can see it being a pretty strong buy for him. However, he's also much more powerful early game, so I can see a long sword and pots for that 550 gold being a good buy too.