Is deathcap worth getting anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patient 0

12-26-2012

Depends on champ

Kënfrot

12-26-2012

DC still best ap item

Krimson62

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokoNomi View Post
Deathcap multiplicates your ap. Of course it's worth getting. God damn.

Worth getting yes... worth rushing,.. i don't personally think so.

You get more damage from DFG. and until you build some AP the extra AP bonus is too little

I'd say Arch staff, DFG, or Liandrys are the go-to rush items now for damage(depending on champ)

RoA is still a fantastic start if you want to be tanky as well.

morellonomicon is also good on those very mana hungry champs, but i prefer chalice or tear items

GhostPolaris

12-26-2012

1 he asked if deathcap was worth rushing, and I'd have to say no. It has recently been nerfed at least 3 times now. I am trying to figure out what to rush now, but idk yet

It is still worth getting, but not worth rushing in first item etc.

Nicodemous

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Mardel View Post
It's still by far the most cost effective AP item in the game by far (21.3 gold/AP). Morellonomicon, Deathfire, Zhonya's, WotA, Seraph's, & Void Staff are all in the low 30's (30-33). Everything else is pretty close to 40's.

So if you want pure damage then yes, still rush it... more burst on V or LB go deathfire, mana go Morello/Seraph's. Wouldn't go Void, WotA, or Zhonya's first item no matter what though.
Zhonya's after boots is not a bad idea on Morg... if you don't need the mana or spell vamp right away...

Cyanide Velocity

12-26-2012

It's not worth rushing anymore I don't think but it's still the most effective damage boost in the game. But that is all it does: Boost damage.

It's ratehr have an Archangel or a DFG or a Zohnya's first for the utility.

YokoNomi

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Worth getting yes... worth rushing,.. i don't personally think so.

You get more damage from DFG. and until you build some AP the extra AP bonus is too little

I'd say Arch staff, DFG, or Liandrys are the go-to rush items now for damage(depending on champ)

RoA is still a fantastic start if you want to be tanky as well.

morellonomicon is also good on those very mana hungry champs, but i prefer chalice or tear items
RoA is a good early game if you are doing well but need survivability. Death Cap early game is if you are doing well but would like more damage to push for more kills. Both are good choices for a first major item, and I don't see a poor side to either, unless your farms are bad or you're being pushed too hard.

Xyirx

12-26-2012

I have calculated about the cost efficiency of Seraph's Embrace when you have say, 2000 mana on yourself. If you ignore 10 mp/5 and 1000 mana on Seraph's Embrace and consider only AP it gives (about 60+60 AP on PBE) and compare to Deathcap's gold/AP efficiency, you will need exactly 102 AP before getting Deathcap to make equal gold efficiency to Deathcap.

In short, unless you have 102 AP, Seraph's Embrace is more gold efficient for merely its AP stats alone.

However, as you get more AP items, Deathcap's gold efficiency will slowly pick up and will eventually become much more efficient (if you consider only AP stats, of course).

It may make sense if you build AA staff first then move on to Deathcap to maximize your gold efficiency.

Krimson62

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyirx View Post
I have calculated about the cost efficiency of Seraph's Embrace when you have say, 2000 mana on yourself. If you ignore 10 mp/5 and 1000 mana on Seraph's Embrace and consider only AP it gives (about 60+60 AP on PBE) and compare to Deathcap's gold/AP efficiency, you will need exactly 102 AP before getting Deathcap to make equal gold efficiency to Deathcap.

In short, unless you have 102 AP, Seraph's Embrace is more gold efficient for merely its AP stats alone.

However, as you get more AP items, Deathcap's gold efficiency will slowly pick up and will eventually become much more efficient (if you consider only AP stats, of course).

It may make sense if you build AA staff first then move on to Deathcap to maximize your gold efficiency.
this is why i feel deathcap is now a better 2nd or 3rd item. once you have some AP built up already it really shines

Top Lane Only

12-26-2012

You should still rush it on burst casters that don't have mana problems.