Is deathcap worth getting anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RazyUltim8

12-26-2012

Pure raw AP.

AA staff getting buffed and DFG is now viable on most champs. Is deathcap a good item to rush anymore?

If you don't rush it, then what do you buy on champs like AP sion, AP tf or Brand that used to benefit the most from pure AP...

Frank Mardel

12-26-2012

It's still by far the most cost effective AP item in the game by far (21.3 gold/AP). Morellonomicon, Deathfire, Zhonya's, WotA, Seraph's, & Void Staff are all in the low 30's (30-33). Everything else is pretty close to 40's.

So if you want pure damage then yes, still rush it... more burst on V or LB go deathfire, mana go Morello/Seraph's. Wouldn't go Void, WotA, or Zhonya's first item no matter what though.

Voidgolem

12-26-2012

I'm finding the rise of "amg AP mid sux" comments coincides almost exactly with the "man I don't buy deathcap anymore" comments, looking at GD trends.

any thoughts?

RazyUltim8

12-26-2012

still, it's pretty stupid imo to get like 190 ap when it used to be 240.

btw I always get deathcap as first, if not second item. But other choices seem to have more utility lately... I mean dfg gives CDR and a pretty awesome active, AA staff gives you a shield once upgraded and probably the highest AP only losing to deathcap (around 120 fully stacked).

Dunno.

CorruptDictator

12-26-2012

I still get it most of the time on AP carries, although usually as a third or forth item except maybe on Annie.

Excretus Maximus

12-26-2012

Stop comparing it to the old one, and look at it as if it's never existed: it's the best pure AP item available, yes it is worth getting.

YokoNomi

12-26-2012

Deathcap multiplicates your ap. Of course it's worth getting. God damn.

RazyUltim8

12-26-2012

asd

pWasHere

12-26-2012

It was never a good item to rush it was gotten 2nd or third after an item that had some defensive stats like Athenes roa or wota

RazyUltim8

12-26-2012

Quote:
It was never a good item to rush it was gotten 2nd or third after an item that had some defensive stats like Athenes roa or wota
You don't get any of those on TF

Some champs rushed Dcap and thats a fact