Is Lux bad on 3's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x SEM x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

I say no, she is not bad.

The reason I ask, is that whenever I select her, I get a lot of grief from the random teammates. "Please choose a different AP...", "please not Lux"... "Lux, really? GG".

Yesterday on Christmas, I played 11 games with lux and went 11-0. I am not a Lux pro, only recently learned her and have played only about 30 games with her at this point. I find her kit to be so much fun. I actually find myself to be quite strong, and quite vital in all team fights.

I find her slows, snares, Shields, and AOE shots very effective.

I rate her as a Strong champ on 3's. She has no mobility, but with flash, slow, and snare... I can usually find an escape, unless I'm caught pretty badly. I can also save my teammates with a shield snare, and slow... when they get caught.

Thoughts? Any reasons why Lux is actually bad, so that I understand?

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

she needs a comp that can peel for her, otherwise she'll die

x SEM x

12-26-2012

I find that activating Wooglet's helps greatly if the team can't peel enemies off her.

Exouds

12-26-2012

Lux is strong. Not only for the amount of burst damage she brings to the team, but also for being able to provide the crucial vision needed on this map. If you have low jungle control it's imperative that you use Lux's Lucent Singularity to provide a view of the middle speed shrine or the opposing team's brush.

The one thing to keep in mind is that even though your ability to lane is excellent, using your binding against mobile lane opponents is pretty much never a good idea unless it's for defensive purposes.

x SEM x

12-26-2012

Right, I forgot to mention how useful the vision is with her spell. Whenever I sit on an altar, I send out the orb... it gives me vision of someone coming for me, which will either slow them or scare them away. Also great for checking bushes whenever.

I also would agree with your point, that when laning, save your Bind for when you need to be defensive. If they are mobile, they can jump on you easily. So it's your escape tool... Unless of course you are snaring them for a teammate to kill them.

Craptain

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by She View Post
she needs a comp that can peel for her, otherwise she'll die
why are you talking in the third person

Dreatlan

12-26-2012

Lux is great on 3's. My build with her is as follows..

Sorcerers Boots

Wooglets

Athenes Unholy Grail

Void Staff

Rod of Ages

Lich Bane or Deathfire Grasp (if the team has a tank)

Runes: Magic Pen Marks and Quints, Armor Seals and Cooldown Glyphs

With just this I reach around 40% Cooldown, 40% Magic Pen+29 Magic Pen, 150 Armor, 76 Magic Resist and over 2K HP. Thanks to the high cool down my ult at Level 3 is a 20 second cool down so I am using it a lot. That is why I have Rod Of Ages.. To account for the massive mana dump.

Just be careful early on because you do not have the mana regen to sustain a nuke fest. Other then that this build is great for 3's.

ZenithZephyr

12-26-2012

Lux is a solid, low-priority pick. Good CC. Very strong long range aoe burst, which is rare. Shield is ridic support (hit 6 targets, derp). Ult is great harass tool/wave clearer during tower showdown.

FireZ42

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptain View Post
why are you talking in the third person
hah I get it. +1

Draiders

12-26-2012

I want to put my 2 cents in here. I think it's because the popular champs for 3s that you will see in ranked have some kind of gap closer. Examples would be Xin Zhao, Riven, Olaf(the ult + ghost), or Darius (the grab).

I love Lux, I have played her quite but I know in a ranked circumstance, unless i am last pick and have seen there team, I will get countered hard and will be nothing but a snare and vision the entire first half of the game and have to be very defensive.