Question to Riot, Will Australia ever get there own dedicated server?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuadeilin

12-26-2012

I was wondering if us Australians would ever get our own dedicated server, why i have become accustom to my usual 200 ping i always wondered what it would be like to play lol at about 20 or 80 ping

TaiigerBlue

12-26-2012

There have to be enough people playing from a certain area for Riot to consider giving it it's own dedicated server.

That said, I don't know the numbers on Australia but I don't believe the player base is as big as Brazil for example.

I hope you guys do get your own dedicated server one day though! But I also hope they introduce Global Play and connect all the different servers together eventually as well.

jaybay123

12-26-2012

even a south Asia server based in the philippines would be better than the one in the USA

Nuadeilin

12-26-2012

I think even an Oceanic sever would be great.

WildWalrus

12-26-2012

As an Australian player I think this would be both awesome and kinda bad.

Awesome: Lower Ping, easier to create ranked teams (time zones and such), even able to create a more high lvl of play for Australians (as in Ranked), Have the servers go down at more obscure hours instead of around 12-1am

Bad: Longer Q times because of less people on the server, The fact that I have my main account on the NA server, and it might cost me to change it over, making me less willing to change

I would honestly love this to happen, but it would be slow to take off, because Australians might not want to transfer their accounts over.

jaybay123

12-27-2012

I also feel it would be more piratical to have a south asia server since there are a large player base