Kass teleport through wall in the middle on twisted treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommandoElitez

12-26-2012

please change this... it is super annoying because it's impossible to chase down

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

What about other champions who can get over it? And why is this unbalanced on Twisted Treeline when it's acceptable for this to happen on Summoner's Rift?

Kreyni

12-26-2012

It's his payback for having no mobility, no kill potential, and no use in general pre-6.

SaveTheMaids

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
It's his payback for having no mobility, no kill potential, and no use in general pre-6.
I agree.

If Kass makes it to level 6 in one piece, even better with a core item, he deserves to do well.

lordfrezon

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
Essentially this. Kass's voidwalk is pretty much all he has in TT.

GhostyJungIe

12-27-2012

omg you people who complain is what causes this game to become more n more broken by getting riot to test all these changes...

shaco can jump the wall kass OTHERS CAN TO let me guess let us just make that wall double the thickness make it take even longer to get to places... on such a small map.. lol

everything on TT is countered easily why will people not understand to figure this out.. they would rather Q__Q bout things

Koldheartedjsp

12-27-2012

ez can do it too

Henry Plainview

12-27-2012

Nome talked about this. The walls would have to be enormous to be thick enough to block his blink, and it would be ridiculous, so you just have to live with it.

Redenbacher

12-28-2012

I've still yet to receive a clear answer as to why a blinks function differently than dashes/leaps when it comes to walls.

The only difference between the two should be that you can take damage mid-dash/leap. If you choose to blink halfway through a wall, you should faceplant and die.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should be unable to blink/dash through walls. I'm saying that if the range of the ability doesn't make it, the ability should fail. Just like if you miss a skillshot, it fails. Riot has been spouting 'clarity' as a design goal out of their every orifice, yet this one mechanism remains un-intuitive and unclear.

ChampStat

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I've still yet to receive a clear answer as to why a blinks function differently than dashes/leaps when it comes to walls.

The only difference between the two should be that you can take damage mid-dash/leap. If you choose to blink halfway through a wall, you should faceplant and die.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should be unable to blink/dash through walls. I'm saying that if the range of the ability doesn't make it, the ability should fail. Just like if you miss a skillshot, it fails. Riot has been spouting 'clarity' as a design goal out of their every orifice, yet this one mechanism remains un-intuitive and unclear.
This be the reason: Blinks and dashes aren't programmed the same way. With a blink, the motion is instant; in one game 'tick,' the champion is at the starting location, and the very next 'tick' the champion is at the target location. The champion is never anywhere in between these points-so Kassadin can blink over Teemo shrooms, for example, since he doesn't touch them.

Dashes are different. The champion still goes through the entire distance from start to finish. Graves' dash cannot go through Teemo shrooms.

The point of this is that when Kass blinks, he spontaneously enters the middle of the wall. The game, of course, will not accept that, so it "pushes" him out of the wall through the shortest path. If Kass can blink more than halfway through a wall, the shortest path is through the other side.