When should I try ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronusx

12-26-2012

well for 1 wait for the holiday break to be over,bunch of kids are out of school so your experience will be terrible. The 2nd thing is to get good.enough to win at least 6/10 games. I won't deny you but some fresh 30s have NO RUNES, play like level 10s and have no idea how to focus on objectives,map awareness,warding while also having to deal with the over-confident ones that fail but blame it on the team even if they do exactly the same thing. My last advice is to get a duo,it will ensure that you only have 3 noobs max in the team instead of 4.

N1ghtcrawler26

12-26-2012

I have 596 wins and I haven't even tried ranked ;-;

Drukyul

12-26-2012

play some normal draft first, at least 10 of those in a row, to get a feel for what ranked will be like

if you're still doing OK, I would say go for it

Skaliton

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liHDlGinzo View Post
The general rule is:
learn 3 champs for each role ( and get good with them).
Once you've done that, at higher elo you want to know 5 champions REALLY REALLY well for 2 lanes. so 10 champions in total that you know you are pro with but you have about 9 other champions you can use for other lanes.

You also need 5 rune pages in total, one for each role which will help out

pretty much this but 4 pages can work, if you play say ad tops, you can generally use an adc page for that just with different masteries, it isn't ideal but it's better than most who have 1 ad page and 1 ap page (some who start ranked are even worse than that and have a patchwork page of random runes)

Joyful Sadist

12-26-2012

Make sure you have finished your rune pages before stepping in and know at least three roles well. Or, if you don't, you can be like me and just play one champion forever regardless if I won or not... I was bronze in season one, so yeah. XD

OneVendetta

12-26-2012

Don't listen to people here. The only thing u need to play ranked are 2 rune pages and basic runes. What matters the most is that u are able to play the game and have a working computer. That's it

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Try ranked when you have 2+ friends to queue with you.

Attempting ranked play with the solo queue is not something I'd recommend to anyone who is looking to have fun with the game. Two years ago with the community then, sure. Now? No way.

As for the people saying "3 champs for each role" - that's a pretty fair thing to ask of a player. Same with a pair of filled out rune pages for AD and AP. But honest, just practice hard for 3 of those roles with 3 champs, so that you are are extremely familiar with 9 champs.

Offer to play any of those 3 roles. If you're forced outside of those, you're not wrong or a bad person to dodge the match.

Nores

12-26-2012

Well as long as you have 1 champion and 1 lane you can play well you are good to go. You will probably get a pretty harsh reality check though as people even in low elo generally play more aggressive and more unforgiving than in normals.

Dont get discouraged and dont get frustrated at dropping in ELO - eventually you will get better as long as you focus on improving your own game instead of blaming team

Kronusx

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneVendetta View Post
Don't listen to people here. The only thing u need to play ranked are 2 rune pages and basic runes. What matters the most is that u are able to play the game and have a working computer. That's it
that's if you want to get raged at every game for sucking. I played for quite a while and 2 rune pages and basic runes WON'T cut it. It's also the difference between winning your lane and making the enemy win his and proceed to snowball your team.

KawaiiObiyoSama

12-26-2012

first you better know all 5 role. Ofc, you can have 1-2 favoriate role that you will mostly play. Also in these 1-2 role, you need 1-2 champs you have good skillz. You also need some good map awarness and undertand the game in general, like when to do baron, push, splitpush etc... Dont forget the rune / masteries vey important