When should I try ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demagoguery

12-26-2012

Whenever you feel like it. People are just as bad in ranked as they are in normals, never assume that your team is doing what's correct as too many times they aren't.

Sorian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Not on the weekends.

adrftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

please dont. If you are a fresh lvl 30 the only thing you'll get is 4 people mad at you.

Man0nFire

12-26-2012

The best bet is to make an alt, and main the role that you absolutely hate doing. This not only gives you a disposable smurf to try out rankeds on, it also gives you a lot of practice in that role you hate so much, for me, it is jungling. My smurf is level 20, and I have learned so much about jungling, that it is now a role I really like, even with s3 changes, and not a role that I hate, like before.

When I hit 30 on my smurf, I will be going straight into ranked games and see them first hand, learn from my mistakes, and transfer all that knowledge to my main.

Skarenox

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF72 View Post
Focus on filling rune pages first, playing draft modes, being cooperative in many roles and playing them successfully or you'll find yourself getting raged at often and worst case scenario, being in ELO hell and not being able to get out when you finally do have the experience needed.
You should definitely follow this advise, also you need a basic understanding of each champion, learn a good positioning, sometimes your team needs a little bit of leadership and you should know how to lead them, watch streams and videos from the best of the world and learn from their good plays and mistakes. Why you need all this? Because when you start playing ranked games your main goal is not to have fun anymore but to be the best. Good Luck.

XSparkleFistX

12-26-2012

Ranked might actually be more fun than Normals. Normals are full of super trolls and unfair match-ups that aren't even fun.

It's too bad they can't have a ranked-way of doing normals without elo. Customs... maybe... but... so lazy.

Kitten Pawz

12-26-2012

You should at the very least, have full rune pages of all the roles you plan on playing in ranked. You should learn to play support if you don't already because a lot of people are willing to play any and everything except support and supports are very important to your team.

Also, if you haven't already, play draft mode. It's basically the same thing, you just don't get a ranking for it.

Bernie Madoff

12-26-2012

In my oppinion it is very important to get owned your first ranked game to just step back and say hey mabey this isnt for me and get better before you bet back at it again

Draoken

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Try it whenever, just don't be sad when you can't carry harder than you think you can.

A semi-good indicator of what ELO you should be around in ranked is by looking at all the loading screen borders. Play draft normals until your win-rate is about 50%, there will be a period of time where you will win basically every single game, or lose every single game. Don't start ranked during this time, keep playing normals during this time.

once your ratio evens out, go ahead and try ranked, but remember to keep applying what you learned. Sometimes the people in your ranked team are worse than your normals for a while, or sometimes they are better. Yet still try to apply what you learned tot he best of your ability. There will be lots of times where my ranked games will degenerate to me just kind of half-assing things, where my normals will be much more intense due to the way I approach things.

PrimalNova

12-26-2012

As others have said just get really good with a few amount of heroes. I started rank this season pretty timidly, but now I'm 10-2, 1465 ELO, and I'm not even very good at LoL