Kong Builds Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

02-12-2012

Heya guys I was just wondering what all your Wu Kong builds were in Dominion (Go tank and AD, Full AD etc) The fact that I see a mix of going AD and or excluding Tri Force which I do not know is a good or bad idea. The boots are fine with me, I guess it's all about how you build your Kong after the prospector and boots.
Feel free to post any explanation weather its "If the enemy team has this, then" for your build and thanks!

Tokinatoor

02-12-2012

i get the lifesteal damage blade first.... (prospectors then BT for dominion)

It feels op compared to the other weapons....

Little Boy Nate

02-12-2012

I usually go Prospector's Blade, Merc Treads, Brutalizer, Fmallet, Sanguine Blade, Chain Vest and Negatron Cloak (selling prospector's for the slot.) Any game longer then that and upgrade the defensive items to whatever you like, or the brutalizer to ghostblade.

Laurix

02-14-2012

Mercs > Triforce > Atma > Zeke's (Game ends around here 99% of the time).

Phourc

02-14-2012

I like some mix of prospectors, merc treads, randuins, odyns, sanguine blade - maybe LW/Wit's End as the last one.

Randuins and Odyns are nice in that you can sit on the pieces (Chain Vest or Negatron + a health item in both cases) and get a pretty good benefit from them with his passive and tanky masteries. And if you finish them you get a cool AoE effect you can set off while spinning xP

Melvear

02-14-2012

I don't have that much experience with him yet, but I've had good success going prospector, brutalizer, phage triforce. From there I get defences according to who's dangerous.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Well, as one person has commented before, I have one weird Wukong build.

I start out with brutalizer and a health pot (46 arm pen at level 3 [arpen marks and quints], say hello to pretty much true damage at top), get boots of your choice, phage, vamp scepter, complete ghostblade. If getting bursted down, then get negatron cloak & chain mail. Upgrade phage to entropy, upgrade negatron cloak to QSS or Odyn's veil or chain mail to thornmail or randuins (depends on enemy opponents). Finally upgrade vamp scepter to sanguine blade. Pick up an oracle's extract whenever it'll benefit you and your team against twitch, eve, shaco, wukong, vayne, talon, teemo's shrooms.

I'm tanky enough to survive burst, have some burst, and have sustained damage (just remember to use the active[s]). This build has worked for me in the 1500-1600 elo range of Dominion.

Panzerzs

02-15-2012

thanks alot for you inputs, I'm still listening to more if possible =) and btw, what do you wu kong players think about the phantom dancers/ infinity edge on Dominion; too costly?

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

flat armor pen build

prospector
ghostblade
black cleaver
used to be starks but riot ****ed that up so sanguine

Ensign

02-15-2012

Like similar characters, I think the right opening build is usually Prospectors + Boots, Brutalizer, Phage, Vamp Scepter with Boots 2 somewhere in there. After that you need to build to the situation.

If you're doing super well, get Sanguine Blade ASAP for harder burst and to basically make you unstoppable.

If you're getting beat up, buy a Chain Vest, Negatron, or possibly an Aegis so you can stay in there longer.

Youmuu's should be bought once people are tanky enough that you can't straight combo them out, and you need the active to chase.

Phage can turn into Mallet if you need to be really tanky (and paired with Atma's); Entropy if you're stomping super hard; or Triforce if money is falling off of trees.

Be sure to get Last Whisper sooner rather than later if the other team has Warwick, Ryze, or characters rushing big armor items in general.