@Riot, Being Q'ist, a very serious issue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirElfishOne

12-25-2012

First and foremost let me begin by telling you guys a little about myself. I'm Quinten, but you all can call me Quinn, Elf, SirElfishOne, or Debby. I've played League for almost 2 years now and I'm currently enrolled in college.

Now for the issue. I believe that League of Legends does their job, justly so, in making sure all aspects of the game are well rounded, including culture, gender, race, religion, and species. However, I feel that the game is falling short on something that seems to have been overlooked: There are no champions that start with----Let me rephrase that. There are no champions in the entire game that even have the letter "q" in their name.

The issue that comes to hand is people who have q's in their names are being stereotyped against in the worst kind of way. Some may take this very lightly, but I have been trying, for several long years, to be proud of who I am and the name bestowed upon me by my father. However, how can I be proud of it when it's not used very often and even in a game as old as this, still not even spoken about.

Now for some statistics for you:

The letter "q" is used less than 90% than other letters in common sentence structures.
The letter "q" is used 100% less than other letters in champion's names in League of Legends
It is 87% harder to think of 10 words in the time frame of 15 seconds that begin with the letter "q" in the English language than every other letter collectively.
It is 74% harder to think of 10 words in the time frame of 15 seconds that have the letter "q" in each individual word than every other letter collectively.
There is a 97% chance that I won't receive a red post because I believe Riot may indeed be Q'ist.
If I receive a red post, there is a 78% chance that said Rioter(s) will have the letter "q" in their names.
The letter "q" best goes with the letters U, I, E, Z, and A in the game Scrabble.
The letter "q" worst goes with the letters W, J, F, V and P in the game Scrabble.
The board game Monopoly does not contain the letter Q in any square on the board or in any of the 2 decks of cards that are used for the game.
The only holiday that begins with the letter "q" is Queen Victoria's Day in Canada out of the many that exist.
Queen Victoria was not actually a Queen, but she was a girl.
There is a 94% chance that a couple of these statistics may have possibly been fabricated. That remains to be seen.
There were 18 q's in this post, making that used 96% less than the other letters collectively in this post.

I hope that this has shed some light onto the growing issue of Q'ism. Your support is needed, appreciated, and quaintly loved. And I hope that a new champion with the letter q in it will come out soon so I can move on with my life. Thank you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
I understand where you are coming from, but seriously, you just admitted it's really hard to come up with words that have "Q" in them. Why should Riot go really far out of their way to make a champ with the starting letter "Q"? It seems like you are just QQing and not to be nasty, but it really doesn't matter. I don't care if they have 5 billion champions that have the first letter of my first name or 0. I think you might be overacting a bit much since, hey it's the good ol' English language, not Riot's fault.
FACT: QQ'ing Has 2 q's, making it used 60% less than any other word in that word, omitting the apostrophe.

adc

12-25-2012

This was absolutely hilarious. Thank you, sir.

Bakabaka1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

that was actually really funny.... lol

BlazeRunner

12-25-2012

Riot must undue this injustice at once!

Respect

12-25-2012

This is cruel :/

Voyles

12-25-2012

Wasn't there a race of Qs in the Star Trek universe who used to bother other races for no other reason except they can?

Boagster

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Wasn't there a race of Qs in the Star Trek universe who used to bother other races for no other reason except they can?
I may be wrong, but I believe it wasn't a "race of Qs", but rather, one being called Q.

MartinsPro

12-26-2012

This issue must be rectified AT ONCE! We, as a people, certainly will NOT stand for this blatant display of Q'ism!

Flagrock

12-26-2012

I understand where you are coming from, but seriously, you just admitted it's really hard to come up with words that have "Q" in them. Why should Riot go really far out of their way to make a champ with the starting letter "Q"? It seems like you are just QQing and not to be nasty, but it really doesn't matter. I don't care if they have 5 billion champions that have the first letter of my first name or 0. I think you might be overacting a bit much since, hey it's the good ol' English language, not Riot's fault.

YungElext

12-26-2012

10/10 would read again.