Battle of the Alters BotA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Ones A Hero

12-25-2012

BotA Battle of the alters

Objective based game
WAYS TO WIN
-the assassin gets 15 kills
-The "Provider gets 200+ creep score"

HOW TO PLAY

-played on Treeline
-there are obviously two teams
-out do your opponent in roles
-DRAFT MODE!

-ROLES
-Provider, this is the person who can get the creep score by killing ONLY the neutral minions, this character cannot recall at any point unless
killed by a player, if they are executed by a monster they are prohibited to buy anything in the shop.
this character cannot cross the speed buff at any time. the only exception
is before minions spawn all roles can cross freely. during the time that the enemy is invading,
the provider can only attack if they are, taking the alter, trying to take cs, attacking the provider, are within 3 or less levels of the provider, or both allies are dead.
-the provider can also attack the spider when they please but the other two roles cannot.

-Assassin, this is the person who will try to cross over to the other side of the speed buff and try to kill the
other enemies to win the game, this role can recall freely after 6 or more deaths from an enemy champion, but remember if you sacrafice yourself
to be able to recall freely your giving the other team a large advantage.

-Support, this is the person who is allowed to help both the provider and the assassin. they can help the provider
by assisting them in creep score.if they take the creep score it does not count for your providers creep score.
They can help the assassin by periodically crossing the speed buff but only if your allied provider is alive. if they are dead you cannot cross the speed buff.

RULES
- DONT'S

-don't break any of the rules
-don't go into top or bottom lane unless the minions are pushing the inner turret
if this is to happen the support MUST be the one to clear the wave.if support is dead it will be assassin but under
no circumstances can the provider clear the minion wave.

BANNED ITEMS
-guardian angel
-hunter's machete
-madreds razors
-spirit stone
-grez's spectral lantern
-oracles

ALTERS
-he character who captures the alter can recall within 10 seconds of that capture.(give leeway on this rule if its 11 seconds
let it slide)
- anyone can capture the alters on either side.
-If one team captures both alters, during that time the entire allied team is able to recall freely.

Traps and Snares

-SHACO
-TEEMO
-NIDALEE
-CAITLIN
-ALL TRAPS ARE BANNED

BANNED SUMMONER SPELLS

-smite
-teleport (not like its useful anyways)
-revive

gnmish

12-26-2012

This seems...unnecessarily complicated, I have strong doubts it'll catch on.

No Ones A Hero

12-26-2012

well im going to get a group of people to BETA test it and see if its liked if it is i will continue to try to promote it if not, well than its dead, yes i agree it is a bit complicated but the whole idea is to either feed your assassin or protect your provider so the whole idea isnt complicated but there are a few specific rules and guidelines as with any custom game mode.

Direwolfzs

12-26-2012

gonna try it with some friends, ill tell you how it goes

Direwolfzs

12-26-2012

Might want to break down the paragraphs to bullets so the info isn't so intimidating.

MagicBloodLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
This seems...unnecessarily complicated, I have strong doubts it'll catch on.
I do not see it that hard, just this:

1.- One kills the jungle creeps and cannot go to the enemy side.
2.- Other, the supporter may be at enemy base and helping to the creeper kill his enemy jungle. If Assasin dies, he just stay at base, if Creeper dies he just become another assasin.
3.- Assasin will just go to the other jungle to kill someone and get the altar.

No Ones A Hero

12-28-2012

that right eccept for the supporter cant go to the other side when the PROVIDER dies not the assassin.
most of the problem with the feedback is that people are saying its too complicated, this is because its hard to make a treeline custom game mode, theres not alot you can go by so you need strict rules to play.most people over think the rules. if you have any further questions add my main im on most of the day....Overdouse or talk to me on vent
Ventrilo4.holdouts.com port: 3845 im usually in the LoL custom maps section just under the complaints section.
thank you

MagicBloodLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Nah it's not complicated. But being provider is somehow boring ... killing just CS is too boring ...

the time I was provider I did not die and had 8.5K of gold. I was trying to they use some AoE atack on me to wound one of them to the assasin get him later. But I just started with a philo and I didn't need anything else to jungle with cho gatch. I was about at 130 CS when our Riven got the 15 kills. It's a way too hard to balance kills of assasin with CS, but I think you should increase kills to 20.

2/3 of the games I played of this we won because kills. The one that we did not win for kills was because our support did get more kills than the assasin because of focus.

But I see that many champions are bad at this. The ones I used in my 3 games were these:

1.- Kayle support (got more kills than our assasin), we won because Provider's CS
2.- Kha'Zix assasin, we raped them in an awesome timing of 89 CS the most head in CS provider.
3.- Cho'Gatch Provider. Pretty solid jungle with Heal and Clarividence. I Used Clarividence to give a better vision to my team when they were invading the enemy territory. Our riven got really fed and reached the 15th kill, so we won (I had about 138 CS when that)

But yes. It's funny to be support or assasin, there should be a rule that makes provider role more fun lol

No Ones A Hero

12-28-2012

thanks so much for the feed back, ill get thinking on more provider options, but the only thing is the lvl difference, the provider as ive noticed gets a lvl difference of an easy 5-6 lvls so i tryed to reduce the amount of provider harrasment. but in order to make the provider more interesting we would have to add a whole new addition to the game and the only one i can think of is the provider would be able to fight the spider, but ill work on it

Riet Employee

12-29-2012

I have been setting up Bota games since you introduced me to it and i too have noticed the provider being boring sometimes. One thing that would help is if you make it to where the provider can attack the assassin and/or the support if they are within X amount of levels. This way if your team isn't doing very good your provider will be able to help you out. Also maybe just so if the provider gets strong enough (this is very unlikely to happen) if the provider solos spider the providers team automatically wins. (like i said if the provider is this strong chances are they have already won). i will continue to promote this game as i very much like the idea.