95% of the supports I have played with compete for CS at the ~10 min mark

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallucine

12-25-2012

So in pretty much every game I've played where I haven't been support, I've noticed that past the 10 minute mark or so, the support will start competing with teammates for farm. I can't even count how many times I've been on my way to clear a group of mobs and the support will be racing me there to clear them out first.

This really ****ing pisses me off. Maybe i'm missing something, but shouldn't the support be unconditionally giving CS to every other team member, with the exception of farming when nobody else is around and the minions would otherwise be killed by towers or other minions?

Noriyakii

12-25-2012

You are probably right. I however, do play a different kind of Support. I am a bit more aggressive. I do, however, give the CS to the ADC when s(he) is there. Is s(he) isn't then I will take it. It will just depend on the given time.

LogicalTautology

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriyakii View Post
You are probably right. I however, do play a different kind of Support. I am a bit more aggressive. I do, however, give the CS to the ADC when s(he) is there. Is s(he) isn't then I will take it. It will just depend on the given time.
No. Stop it.

If I push out the lane before recalling, the whole point is so that I can get back to lane without missing more than half a wave or so. Not so you can then farm the waves until I get back.

If the minions are not being hit by the tower, don't damage them. Just don't. If you want to go the extra mile, stand a bit ahead of the tower so the minions stand there attacking you instead of entering turret range. Don't attack them. Just stand there holding S.

zdillon

12-25-2012

ughh i typed out a big nice reply to this but it got deleted soo umm basscly main points SUPPORTS NEED FARM JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, map pussure is important if your a roaming mid or jungler the map relief that you showing your self is almost always greater value than the wave that that a support can handle or shuold in some cases save for the adc, and sorry about the yelly ness of this post a typed out a well thought out and put together resopnse to this but **** happens so be nice to support man they'll save your ass more than you will ever know

LogicalTautology

12-25-2012

Support has always been my main role. Part of how well I judge my play is how close I come to 0 CS.

Pandalogy

12-25-2012

Maybe supports are taking ur cs because they realize how trash of an adc you are and realize that you wont be carrying the game. You will be feeding

Grizzlier

12-25-2012

That would be because usually around the 10 min mark the laning phase is kinda kaput and the support is usually roaming and the only time people stop to farm is when enemies are in the fog and you're planning on pushing something not really to farm. I mean if you're still in lane and it's just you as the adc and the support then sure the support should just let you have it (I usually do) but if you're just clearing waves to push or w/e then I'll just go ahead and starfall or pulverize tyvm.

LogicalTautology

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandalogy View Post
Maybe supports are taking ur cs because they realize how trash of an adc you are and realize that you wont be carrying the game. You will be feeding
"Bobby is probably going to be a liability. Better make sure I purposefully sabotage him and make him even less effective!"

Pandalogy

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
"Bobby is probably going to be a liability. Better make sure I purposefully sabotage him and make him even less effective!"
Lol with ragers in silver, thats sure a possibility haha.

LogicalTautology

12-25-2012

I sincerely hope that anyone with that attitude loses every game of League they play. I would report them every single time I was matched with or against them, and Punish if I saw even one instance of that out of five tribunal cases.

If you're not willing to actually play Support- and I mean a true role Supporting your AD Carry, not just someone playing Alistar in botlane- then get the hell out of Solo Queue and go play Premade 5s.

12345 ... 7