Athene's vs RoA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yodahk

12-25-2012

Just a quick question:
I got Orianna and I really like her
However, for her early game, I don't know which early item to get:
Athene's: Mana Regen, Magic Resist
RoA: Health and Mana.
So when do I buy Athene's and when do I buy RoA? Thanks.

hailcaster77

12-25-2012

There's not really much need for roa on her. She has good range, and if you need hp, rylai's is the better option with the slow. I usually get Athene's on all my mids except annie.

yodahk

12-25-2012

bump

Phoenix0Wright

12-25-2012

Definitely Athene's. With RoA, you're paying for stats Ori doesn't really need. In addition, she really needs the mana regen, and while I know the catalyst passive gives you some it's not enough. RoA is better on mages who need the health, usually because they're on the front lines. Karthus, Swain, and Cho are all good examples.

Boagster

12-25-2012

Of the two choices, Athene's. I'd never build RoA on her. As Pheonix0Wright, Attorney-at-Law said, Rylai's would be the better choice for HP.

If you learn to manage her mana, I'd get Kage's before Chalice, to start building a gold advantage and lead to Twin Shadows, which I feel is terribly under-rated, especially on mids. If you get it early, the MR really helps with the lane, while the active can help save you from ganks (though, admittedly, not much of a problem on Ori) and also gives you a lot of extra utility during mid and late game (safer walking through enemy jungle, more slows in teamfights, etc).

Sheldon Parsons

Recruiter

12-26-2012

I always get athene's . Ori need man reg