Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelynn nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightCheckmate

Recruiter

01-09-2013

Question to those who have played her since the ult nerf. Is there a minimum damage it does if the enemy is low health?

For example lets say someone is really low health and going b under turret. If you try to pick them off with your ult will they die, or will they survive since it's based on current health with no minimum damage listed?

MasterEvilAce

01-09-2013

Quote:
KnightCheckmate:
Question to those who have played her since the ult nerf. Is there a minimum damage it does if the enemy is low health?

For example lets say someone is really low health and going b under turret. If you try to pick them off with your ult will they die, or will they survive since it's based on current health with no minimum damage listed?

This is my concern as well.

I'm also curious if the more effective combo is now Ulti then DFG, or if the 20% damage increase from DFG allows it to still be used first.

RoanSykes

01-09-2013

I've mained Eve as my mid for a long time. I roam my lane if I'm not winning, get my dfg, and try to stay alive until the end game. Eve's not good early game, she's not gonna take anyone until her ult shows up. Can she manage a few ganks in either lane if they don't pink ward and have low hp? Sure.

Personally I play her with DFG, which helps increase her dps by a lot. However, Eve still can't do real damage to anyone besides a squish. And sometimes, not even that.
I've gotten slaughtered at times, and I've carried games as times.

However with this new nerf to her ult, I can't do anything. CDs? Sure, whatever, DFG and BLUE CDR is all I'm gonna need for that. I'll take the penalty early, not like I was the best early game anyways. Current damage? You've now thrown away my damage. Whoops. There it went, out the window Riot. I can't perform well with Eve now, and it's dissapointing. She had a unique playstyle, that I enjoyed using.

Anyways, I'm just posting here to say I think that the damage should be reverted to max%, that's all. Thanks.

3mptylord

01-09-2013

Unless they add a minimum damage to her ultimate, current-health is going to kill her. She now *has* to initiate to maximize damage, and there is also no optimum way to use DFG. Worse, she can no longer use it to score the killing blow...

RainbowTrenches

01-09-2013

DFG still does max-health if you want a finishing blow, but it's counterproductive to use it that way and requires rushing it. I don't see why it's necessary to hit both cooldowns and damage at the same time- the current damage nerf alone is going to be significant.

That said, I've been sorta expecting/dreading this ever since I saw that her ult did max % damage- it was nice while it lasted.

Naxc

01-09-2013

Seriously they should revert that change from max to current.

Why does everything has to scale off current health, its such a stupid mechanic, you shrink in damage as your opponent get weaker, such a stupid mechanic.

Now using DFG with it is stupid because you lose damage, and having liandry torment for those who had it will mean your ult won't be able to kill anyone as both do current life damage with no base damage.

Eve is suppose to be an assasin, with Diana nerfs they haven't yet reverted, this is becoming stupid...

Mysnomer

01-09-2013

With the new ult range being less than her reveal range, this is the thought process I see Riot having: "Well, the only thing we want to make absolutely certain you can't do with a stealth character is take your opponent by surprise." Good job Riot, thumbs up, all the way. I remember someone talking about designing champions, and saying you need to think about what fantasy that champion fulfills. Evelynn fulfills the fantasy that you are an average, everyday, run-of-the-mill mage who is good only because she has strong burst to initiate (which synergizes strongly with a powerful item) and follows up with good sustained damage. There is no fantasy of stalking prey, no fantasy of fading into the shadows with a last minute stealth to save you at 20 hp while you juke AoE and escape. Oh, sure, she's competitive viable (maybe not after these nerfs though >_&gt but it's only because you decked her out with good damage, as if to say, "Sorry, stealth will never be fun, have a DPS caster instead."

Wshmo

01-09-2013

They had to hit the ult with a CD nerf because she's always built with CDR. Her ult on a 36 second cooldown is ridiculous. However, the ult doing current health damage worries me, hopefully they retune it.

Honestly, the problem was DFG -> Ult.. It was absurd. They should've just removed DFG.

AriesMajor

01-10-2013

Quote:
CurryKingthe1st:
So they just made Evelynn useless again??

Eve tier is now no longer a running joke.

Xyltin

01-10-2013

E and R dmg changes are ok.

R CD of 150/120/90 is too high. 150/115/80
The range nerf to 650 from 800 is too much. 700-750 is enough