Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelynn nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hampossible

01-03-2013

Riven is the best top laner in the game. No one beats her in lane. The CD nerf to her ult was needed stop acting like it didn't need a nerf. Also HP the regen nerf is preventing Riven players to rush Black Cleaver on top lane and all-inning the enemy due to the short cd of ult. Now with the HP regen nerf if Rivens still rush BC, they better be ready to pay the piper with no sustain.

Karn Bishop

01-03-2013

Quote:
Blubarry:
You sir, have earned my respect for that comment.

haha, i used to be a DM, well its termed GM now but i like the DM title better ^_^

Quote:
hampossible:
Riven is the best top laner in the game. No one beats her in lane. The CD nerf to her ult was needed stop acting like it didn't need a nerf. Also HP the regen nerf is preventing Riven players to rush Black Cleaver on top lane and all-inning the enemy due to the short cd of ult. Now with the HP regen nerf if Rivens still rush BC, they better be ready to pay the piper with no sustain.

Hi welcome to the eve nerf discussion page, i think you turned left when you meant to turn right, please turn around and take a left to the riven nerf thread.

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

01-04-2013

evelyn is op i hate facing her jungle she is litterally the one champion i hate to face and im glad they are nerfing her. just having to spend the extra gold to buy vision wards pisses me off

Karn Bishop

01-05-2013

Quote:
SiKkNdTwiSt3D:
evelyn is op i hate facing her jungle she is litterally the one champion i hate to face and im glad they are nerfing her. just having to spend the extra gold to buy vision wards pisses me off

you are exactly why things like this happen, because you refuse to use game mechanics to win your lane if you encounter something unusual, i bet you also QQ'd when fizz was released and stomped all over you.

Mewl Kat

01-05-2013

I agree with the above poster. If you don't want to play tactically that's your problem. I never loose against an Evelynn because I know how to play against her and she is veery easy to counter.

50West

01-06-2013

Quote:
Maeyu:

DO a quick combo and you move out because you're more squishy than ever... You actually will probably see Eves die in 2-3 hits, again.

Unless you get a good ult. She is purely made around her ult now to survive or get out of the fight.

Zhaitan

01-06-2013

Let's face it. Eve was overpowered before. She had way to much burst for how much sustained damage she had. This in addition to an excellent roaming game. This nerf is designed to balance her, and wont make such a top tier champion unusable. The nerf adresses her 55% win rate. Eve has consistently held rank 1 in terms of win ratio (check lolking), so this is designed to put her in line with other champions.

A 0.05% ap ratio nerf on her Q is not going to make her unusable...

Mewl Kat

01-08-2013

I'm seeing her AP and AD ratios back up to the normal, but they've tweaked the way her R works by making her shield take damage based on current health as opposed to max health. Also they've increased it's CD. How's this holding up on beta?

Xyltin

01-09-2013

Quote:
ChaostormHD:
I haven't had the chance to test out the Evelynn nerfs, I was wondering what you guys thought? I just recently started playing her in the mid lane, from what I can tell her laning phase is alright, I find that most common match ups she does "alright" in lane without help from jungler, but she excels in the roaming department! Out of laning phase she is great! Great burst from her ult , tons of movement speed for kiting and chasing. Not trying to QQ or anything i'm just curious how this nerf will affect her, replies are appreciated!

Ps. Tried to find a thread on her already but I could not find one.

NEW UPDATE:
Evelynn
Hate Spike's ( Q ) AP and AD ratio increased to .45 AP and .45 AD from .40 AP and .40 AP ( This is now back to what it is on live servers )
Agony's Embrace ( R ) cooldown increased to 160/120/80 from 120/90/60.
Agony's Embrace ( R ) changed to % of Current health from % of Max Health

oh god, 40 second increase at level 6? 30 second at 11 and 20 second increase at level 16? % from current health? The ult is going to tickle now. What do you think?

In the end:
Quote:

Ravage's (E) base damage lowered to 35/55/75/95/115 from 35/60/85/110/135 (*2)
Agony's Embrace ( R ) cooldown increased to 160/120/80 from 120/90/60.
Agony's Embrace ( R ) changed to % of Current health from % of Max Health

HP nerf reverted.
Q nerf reverted.

The reverts are ok as long as the E and R dmg nerfs are staying.
The CD nerf is not something i like. At least not the early game nerf.
Late game 80 sec is still enough for every team fight (she gets some CDR from DFG and masteries).

Fudge Dragon

01-09-2013

I love evelynn. I don't care for her ult cdr... I tend to max her cdr anyway, but that damage nerf is going to cripple her...
Evelynn is supposed to be an assassin, she's supposed to excel at surprise 1v1 engagements and now she can't even effectively chase down an opponent and kill them, if she leads with her ult which is what riot wants now it won't be off cd fast enough to slow them down, let alone kill them because it's percentage hp.
They didn't even give it a base damage so it's quite literally impossible to kill some1 with her ult alone.

I roam a lot as evelynn, as it stands she's designed to go mid lane, push it hard and roam and gank....
In a sense nerfing her ult makes it so she can't ks and get way fed compared to her teams... that's happened to me and we almost lost because of it, but it cripples her team presence late game
This is the same screw up with that amumu nerf that they rolled back.