Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelynn nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mewl Kat

12-31-2012

Eve can't really 1v1, as has been said already, unless she is 1v1 against something that's already had half it's HP removed or it's a squishy sup/adc/mid laner. In one given game you will play against two squishy targets, three at most. I'm seeing more and more people pick tanky champions to mid/jungle and sup with. As most people are picking really tanky champions to lane with, her burst becomes useless and her sustained AD damage really important. I still mostly build her pure ap for burst because I make a point of focusing on the high priority targets.

You can shut down a roaming Eve really easily with a couple of vision wards. You can also shut her down by focusing her even slightly, she is already extremely squishy. She punishes an enemy team for pushing too hard or placing themselves in a spot where they are vulnerable to a gank from her. But she is near useless against a team that picks a vision ward or two down her roaming/ganking spots.

I think this is one champion that is at her sweet spot. Yes, she can be really powerful, but now, she's not OP at all. And if you get your Eve fed above your ADC or APcarry (if you're jungling as I mostly do with her) then you may as well say GG because end game she doesn't actually do that much damage compared to, say a jaxx or a xin. Even if you build her for sustain damage as AD, she still won't survive team fights long enough to do enough damage to justify her presence there. She is very much an opportunity champion and her window to attack and be useful isn't all that big.

Not sure why Riot feels she needs a nerf. She's a risk pick because she dies so fast, but a good chance at some thoughtful and sometimes hair-raising and fun gameplay.

Terrornaut

12-31-2012

Dunno, I've had no major problem 1v1 vs skillshot champs as opposed to Ryze or malz as Eve.

The last 'nerf' wasn't as big of an issue, the change to DFG and all that. You still have to pursue your target some.

The worst thing to do to her playstyle is to mess with her base stats. She is -the- champ has to get right in there, and deserves some natural toughness. Not much to compete with champs that have some built in survivability.

My favorite champ is forever up and down.

O Pumpkin

12-31-2012

all these people talking about Riven nerf and Eve nerf I have been looking and still no patch notes on this :\

Maeyu

12-31-2012

Quote:
Kinkyjelly:
all these people talking about Riven nerf and Eve nerf I have been looking and still no patch notes on this :\

Well I play certain champs on the PBE to test to see if there are nerfs that aren't really.... appearent / shown upfront.

Just compare to live eve.. it's very appearent. She's squish now. SHe's not as powerful.

She's ****.

At any rate... just remembered.. Idk what the site is really called but surrenderat20 or w/e has the list of nerfs / "buffs"

Karn Bishop

12-31-2012

Quote:
Kavrae:
My thought on this is to stick to her strengths. Maybe they intend for her to be a roamer that can't go 1v1. Think in terms of classic gaming: would a rogue EVER win a face-to-face fight with a wizard or fighter? Hell no. Does that mean rogues are useless? Second level of hell no.

Now imagine that same rogue, now imagine that the DM decided his ability to sneak up behind people was unfair so he nerfed backstab bonus damage and made you only able to use iron daggers.

Blubarry

01-01-2013

Quote:
Karn Bishop:
Now imagine that same rogue, now imagine that the DM decided his ability to sneak up behind people was unfair so he nerfed backstab bonus damage and made you only able to use iron daggers.

You sir, have earned my respect for that comment.

ChaostormHD

01-01-2013

Thanks for the support on this thread guy's! If we can keep this relevant so riot can see this and respond that would be great!

Blubarry

01-02-2013

Honestly, what I think is going to happen is that they are going to nerf Evelynn to the point of uselessness yet again. She will then have to wait another two years until they realize that their rework didn't work.

JohntheMage

01-02-2013

From the perspective of someone who rarely played eve but played against her quite a bit after rework and then the nerfs, I do not understand Riot's reasoning behind the nerfs.

I feel like she was unused for so long that people got mad once she was finally able to *gasp* kill other champions or even multiple champions. Just my two cents.

Maeyu

01-02-2013

Sooo.. played about 20+ games on our servers here on PBE .. actually neglected my live account to test my old main (Notice)

1 --- From someone that played Eve pre-remake to now... I feel she is again... that combo burst then run, which sucks for Eve since she has limited team play now. I literally just ult. e q once or twice then run because my ult shield is gone, or I died.

2 --- I feel like I'm getting punished as a player because people aren't warding red, near the river to see wraiths, tri bushes in lanes, etc. I also feel like I'm being punished because people aren't going to spend money on purple wards, kill other wards to make the money back and make other supports counter or be countered with no team vision. (As you maybe can tell, I support sometimes, as well)

3 --- (Complete opinion here) I feel like global ults, or ranged ults deserve damage nerfs if my champion overall is getting one due to people not warding. You can't ward but the jungle hot spots to see where they are before they ult your face off. Soo.... same QQ should be applied here as it is to Eve.

4 --- I'm sick that AD got nerfed when it was barely viable to begin with...Hell, hybrid was shakey and pure glass. I'm sorry. Eve is so squishy now, her AD ratios got nerfed and she now can't even have MNINMAL SUSTAIN TO HELP HER. She can't run as AD. She is only AP now, you're a complete idiot to go AD since there is no sustain and no damage going bruiser and nothing to help you dmg or survive going AD or even hybrid.

I want to know Riot's reasoning with AD. Honestly, it's dumb. Sorry, I love my main. but now she is subpar at best in picks to...say... Vi, AD Nid (Which makes me ill, btw) etc.

Thanks for listening to my rant.