Enemy team first picks amumu-Youre counter strat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-11-2013

hey guys,
I've been wanting to discuss this for a while, especially with today's tournament I want to talk about it since it's coming up a lot.

Your team is running AOE based comp featuring amumu/MF.

I think the best way to compete against this is for a splitpushing comp. SO if enemy team is something like

Amumu
kat
Sona
MF
Cho

You respond with
Shen
Olaf
Nunu
TF
Ashe->For disengage, Cait/Ez for safe laning and safer teamfighting.

What do you do? Thoughts?

acosn

01-11-2013

Counter jungle the **** out of him because he's awful at handling it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-11-2013

That isn't the point...

Lifeboats

01-11-2013

Leona corki for engage and bot lane rape.
Janna to counter mummy
Diana to counter kat
Mundo, shyv, or lee to jungle to also xounter mummy and to add an off tank.

Simple~

Worlds Strongest

01-12-2013

Janna Ashe bot lane oldschool OP

they can both disengage a fight, or janna can disengage after amu ult and ashe can re-engage with arrow. IMO chars that f with there positioning and beating them at there own game can work really well. I'm not a huge fan of going for split push to avoid them because if you're caught once late game it's GG. (see clg NA vs clg EU)

Amatzikahni

01-12-2013

You can't just counterjungle him and hope that's the end of it. Mumu is supposed to dive in, initiate, and let his team come in to finish the job. I've kept a Mumu under level 6 in a game a while back and everyone else was 10+. As soon as he hit 6 with basically no items, all he did was ult, die, and win. The fact is that Mumu scaling doesn't matter when his kit is all about utility, so keeping him underfarmed doesn't mean much in the long run; you have to beat him with comp and positioning.

I always try to double up on AP when fighting against Mumu, and it helps when both have AoE ults (Cass and Ori are my personal favorites with Swain, Morde, Kat, Vlad, and Ahri following up). Remember that his Ult doesn't stop you from using abilities, so tanky AP champs who can counterinitiate allow you to brush off his ult then win the fight with more damage. High mobilitiy also works to prevent your team from getting hit. If the Mumu was smart in that case, he'd wait until the fight was decently underway before ulting 1-2 key targets and hoping his team focuses them. Your job is to take out their squishies before he gets a chance to do that.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-13-2013

Shen. And nunu should peel well enough for tf and ashe to be sort of safe with olaf lightning bolts and axes.
Good post amatz too

Candentis

01-14-2013

I have a few easy steps to always win vs. an Amumu.
1. Pick Shaco
2.Start at Amumu's red.
3.Wait in the bush with JitB's.
4.Kill Amumu.
5.Kill Amumu when he spawns.
6.Make fun of his mom.
7.Amumu DC's.
8.Win the game.