Pando Media Booster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ukitaa

04-20-2013

TL;DR

Friday, I realized it was hot in my room. I checked my temperatures and my video card was running at 60c, with just Firefox running, and while watching a movie. Opening MSI Afterburner, it was showing consistent GPU usage spikes going from 5% to 90%. I reinstalled Windows that night, and had everything up and running. I continued to see what the issue was - with a fresh install of Windows, the only things installed were Firefox, Adobe Photoshop, Steam, Borderlands 2, Skype, Path of Exile, League of Legends and MSI Afterburner.

I open up Process Explorer, activate the GPU columns, and find out that once every 10 seconds, Pando Media Booster activates my GPU's 3D profiler, causing it to auto-boost itself to 1100MHz. Disabling PMB.exe fixes the spiking.

There's the explanation. If you're also having consistently high idle temperatures on your GPU, it's more than likely PMB.exe activating your GPU's 3D stage profile.

And now the question. Does uninstalling Pando Media Booster affect the way League updates at all, or is it just used for installing?

lisoyt

04-20-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=screw

Also if you have Firefox installed on your PC, go to Add-ons then Extensions or Plugins.
(I don't remember which. I already deleted Pando.)

Now look. What is that there?

Pando, always running in the background whenever you have Firefox open.

Did Pando ask you if you wanted it to install itself in Firefox?

And after it's installed be able to track everything you do on Firefox.

Ukitaa

04-21-2013

Probably won't show, seeing as I uninstalled it immediately after finding out it was what had been causing my strange temperature problems. Should be a general warning, because it isn't the first thing I looked at for causing a GPU issue of all things. That was more like, Firefox or Flash Player or something.

It was just a little strange. I remember it being the first thing I would uninstall when APB was released, because Real Time Worlds and GamersFirst both use Pando as their P2P assister client thingy™.

cepsbow

04-24-2013

Pando is spyware, that you can remove anytime after installing. Riot is so wonderful for selling their customers' PCs integrity for a little extra cash on the side. Great aren't they?