How do you build/play Galio in S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glintsteel

12-25-2012

Hey everyone,

So for Christmas my brother got me the champion Galio. I was looking for some play guides on him and everything seems outdated. Any suggestions on items to purchase/what order to buy? Also any tips on play style?

Thanks for any help.

WhoopsiGoldburg

12-25-2012

I build him pretty much the same as I did last season. boots+3 start rush a chalice but don't immediately upgrade into grail as that stats aren't really worth it imo.

I usually have merc treads an abyssal and runic bulwark by the time the game is over. If game drags on build resistances to the situation.

Don't harass to hard during the early levels just cs so you can hopefully back and grab chalice and merc treads from that point on you can usually zone most mids. The only tips I can really give are to practice landing those Q's. It's a slow moving missile and can be dodged fairly easy so it will take some time to get good at pegging people with it.

Glintsteel

12-25-2012

Thank you sir, I appreciate the help

Boagster

12-25-2012

This is just a rough outline of my thought process. I try to make a point to build appropriately for the enemy team with any champ, but I feel it's more important on Galio, since he can easily fill the role of a bursty AoE carry or a full-on tank, depending on what the situation calls for.

Starting:
Null-Magic Mantle + Pots (I run MS Quints)

First Back:
Finish Chalice, Boots if possible, Kage's before boots if I'm loaded.

Third Back:
Kage's Lucky Pick plus appropriate boots, then start going down the build orders below:

Lane Phase Dragging Out:
Rush Abyssal, then build Chain Vest before deciding on Winning/Losing build

Started Wandering Early or Enemy AD Champs Wandering:
Build Chain Vest, then start building Abyssal (skipping Abyssal if only AP on team):

Winning:
Twin Shadows > Finish Athene's > Zhonya's > Guardian Angel

Losing:
Thornmail > Twin Shadows > Guardian Angel > Finish Athene's

If you never built Abyssal and are winning, grab Abyssal at some point. If you never built it and are losing, take your favourite MR or Armor item, depending on the enemy team.

ChiSqrd

12-25-2012

Start:
Null-Magic Mantle, Potions

Early:
Chalice of Harmony, Mercury's Treads

Next:
Rod of Ages, Athene's Unholy Grail, Rabadon's Deathcap, Abyssal Scepter

Final Items:
Zhonya's Hourglass (Armor), Void Staff (Magic Penetration), or Quicksilver Sash (Heavy CC Team)