Summoners who verbally abuse their team lose 16% more games.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotdogs

Senior Member

12-27-2012

probably both are true


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pure Phoènix

Member

12-27-2012

Dafuq did i just read?

"Loses 16% more games" != has abuse in 16% of their games.
That's the lack of correlation here. Riot will never be able to prove that abusing your team makes you lose.

In fact, i can and have proven that it WINS you games if done right. Just look at my 70% odd win/loss ratio.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadPirateLynx

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineyLeee View Post
The statement still implies that the summoners lose games BECAUSE they verbally abuse their team mates, whereas I believe it's likely the other way around: The abuse generally doesn't start until the team is already losing.
I can't help but think that everyone that believes that abuse is more likely caused by losing than losing is caused by abuse is an abuser looking for an excuse to keep from reforming.

Seriously, I've been in enough games that could have been won had my teammates not been flaming each other to know that there is a definite causation in many cases. All? No, but many yes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Phoènix View Post
Dafuq did i just read?

"Loses 16% more games" != has abuse in 16% of their games.
That's the lack of correlation here. Riot will never be able to prove that abusing your team makes you lose.

In fact, i can and have proven that it WINS you games if done right. Just look at my 70% odd win/loss ratio.
So your just openly saying you abuse your teammates in a thread a Riot Employee is in...Smart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralCroissant

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateLynx View Post
I can't help but think that everyone that believes that abuse is more likely caused by losing than losing is caused by abuse is an abuser looking for an excuse to keep from reforming.

Seriously, I've been in enough games that could have been won had my teammates not been flaming each other to know that there is a definite causation in many cases. All? No, but many yes.
I don't believe I have ever been in a game where verbal abuse actually occurred until a game was already in a downward trend. Maybe I don't have as many games as some people. I think I only have like 1800 games total.

But you must play with some insane people regularly if there are a large percentage of over 1800 games, you had people just randomly start flaming for no reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadPirateLynx

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainzer View Post
I don't believe I have ever been in a game where verbal abuse actually occurred until a game was already in a downward trend. Maybe I don't have as many games as some people. I think I only have like 1800 games total.

But you must play with some insane people regularly if there are a large percentage of over 1800 games, you had people just randomly start flaming for no reason.
Most of the games in which I've experienced verbal abuse directed at either myself or another player, the abuse started by the 10 minute mark. While the team may have been behind at the time (although in some cases we were actually winning) it's usually not by much and is still extremely early in the game with plenty of opportunity to turn it around. Then people start dying because they're too busy typing, or start making poor decisions because they're agitated, or they just get fed up and start feeding or go afk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elder Chewbaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-27-2012

most of the people dont curse theyr team mates for no reason
they curse when they ****ing up the game
this tip makes absolutely no sense( most of them make no sense)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralCroissant

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateLynx View Post
Most of the games in which I've experienced verbal abuse directed at either myself or another player, the abuse started by the 10 minute mark. While the team may have been behind at the time (although in some cases we were actually winning) it's usually not by much and is still extremely early in the game with plenty of opportunity to turn it around. Then people start dying because they're too busy typing, or start making poor decisions because they're agitated, or they just get fed up and start feeding or go afk.
At the 10 minute mark or "extremely early", what defines verbal abuse to you? Is it one of those ridiculous "why am I banned?" scenarios where people were punished for saying "this jungler"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadPirateLynx

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder Chewbaka View Post
most of the people dont curse theyr team mates for no reason
they curse when they ****ing up the game
this tip makes absolutely no sense( most of them make no sense)
While this may essentially be true, often the abuse starts because someone gave up first blood, or didn't follow up on an early gank, or has died 2 or 3 times in lane, or because the adc and support just aren't on the same page. It's usually an overreaction to a fairly minor setback which snowballs and get's out of hand


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VicariousxD

Senior Member

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireZ42 View Post
Right. So if someone were to never insult anyone would they automatically gain 16% win rate? Noooo.
Some people said this is true, but not really. It holds some truth, but the percents a bit off.

"Summoners who verbally abuse their team lose 16% more games."

That does NOT mean "If you as a Summoner verbally abuse your team, you lose 16% more games." It means "If somebody verbally abuses others on their team, they lose 16% more games."
You are only 20% of your team. There are four others, and any of them have just the same ability to verbally abuse the team or not to. So by not verbally abusing your team, you are 20% more likely to win 16% more games.