Summoners who verbally abuse their team lose 16% more games.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiStorm View Post
If you just stfu and let people play, didn't try and psych out statistics and let people settle their differences without stepping in, maybe people would learn to settle their differences independent of outside influence
They wouldn't.

alphasoilder164

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habimaru View Post
That's why you abuse the OTHER team instead ! D'uh ! THAT must be what this is trying to tell you !
lololololol

mi ramfan

12-28-2012

because when you think about it

d(Riot)/dX=RiotDerivative

d^2Riot/dX^2=Riot2ndDerivative

Therefore

∫ (RiotDerivative) dX=Riot

So RiotDerivative is actually an account controlled by the Riot Games hivemind.

QED.

KiStorm

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
They wouldn't.
But companies have power over people?

I mean if you don't know something we don't know then you are in no position to say such a thing, and if you do know something we don't, then you are not only holding power over us, you are keeping it from us also.

FaceCheckMyBush

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtard View Post
I'm a stuffy statistician, dont worry about it. i'm finishing up my degree at UoM and yeah, you're definitely right in saying that because they come from the same population isn't a case of correlation vs causation. Being that you just ran the variables against each other within the same pop there is no inference or extrapolation happening. Simply an analysis.

On a side note, as a statistician myself I recently took Calculus 4: Multivariate & Vector calc and am wondering how applicable this stuff is in real world use. I'm assuming that there are programs and everything already in place and that the need to use spherical/polar/cylindrical coordinates in triple integrals isn't ever practiced. How much modeling do you do that is anything beyond possibly calculus 2?
that post just made me feel incredibly dumb. .-.

Khyzrh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Did you know:

summoner who peed in the middle of the game won 25% match

DId you know:

summoner who poop in the middle of the game lost 75% match

VexingRaven

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDerivative View Post
You are correct that correlation != causation, but it can be assumed that this statistic was computed from a population. That is, this statement comes straight from the data and is not an inference about future data.
But the way the data is presented implies that one is a cause of the other.