A disturbing trend in the meta and decline in jungler calling

1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

This disturbing trend is that the meta is further falling into the "babysitting" mindset. The game is becoming "give ADC and Mid everything: the game".

If you're blue side and you are the jungler, many times the ADC and support will go after the double golems at the start. Thats fine because they respawn by the time you get to them anyways. But increasingly I find them going after the golems more and more often. Less often, but often enough that I notice it, is the purple top laner going for golems, themself (which i'm guilty of, i admit, if I find that I need like 100g and my lane is pushed to enemy tower or something like that, i'll go for those double golems).

Mid laners are taking the wraiths earlier now, before the jungler reaches 6 many times now.

You're expected to give mid the blue after the first one. I am usually ok with this, especially if i'm playing a manaless jungler. Now you're eventually given ADC red as well. I can see the logic behind it, but the point is that the jungler is giving away more of what they used to have.

So mid is taking more and more, the ADC is taking golems more often ontop of their usual greediness for every minion in their lane (I don't like the babysit meta, obviously).

It was bad enough when it was the support's job to play "sit in the bush, not CS and harass and/or heal. until laning phase is over", but now I see some aspects of that being given to the jungler as well, who is already gold starved as it is, they really need a healthy mix of jungle farm and kills/assists to stay with the group. I always find myself a level or two below the solos unless i'm fed out of my mind by laning phase end.

These last few weeks especially, I find myself actually being forced to jungle because nobody wants to do it. I been seeing more calls for support than junglers. I've been jungling so much that i'm somewhat sick of it (it's lonely!).

Here is the usual chat I see in the first 5 seconds upon entering a character select screen

MID
ADC PLZ
I can sup

More folks are finding jungling to be a tedious and thankless role where you will be blamed quickly if something goes wrong, and I think they don't really want to deal with that anymore.

Laboufe

12-19-2012

I agree pretty much all i have played since the preseason began is jungle because no one else will take it. If i dont get some ganks in that net some kills or assists i get way behind. The problems they tried to fix with this jungle dont seem to be working, if anything they made it worse.

MoSBanapple

12-19-2012

I always find it frustrating when I'm heading to my wraiths, and instead I see my Anivia's ultimate where the wraiths are supposed to be.

I usually say "I need those," and usually they will stop. If they don't then take lane tax.

Laboufe

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSBanapple View Post
I always find it frustrating when I'm heading to my wraiths, and instead I see my Anivia's ultimate where the wraiths are supposed to be.

I usually say "I need those," and usually they will stop. If they don't then take lane tax.
Lane taxes are great and all but i usually dont find it worth the amount of rage it causes. Kind of a double standard on the laners part, expect you not to get mad when they steal your jungle but get mad when you take any of their cs.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Yeah, I can't stand when I jungle, and people take my monsters then ***** at me when I grab a few minions. And god forbid you do anything but camp their lane.

killa pizza

12-19-2012

Bump because this is true... i can see a large decline in people wanting to jungle

Kwisatz Haderach

12-19-2012

"give ADC and Mid everything: the game"

It was League of Cleavers last patch. Next patch it will be something else. Welcome to the FOTM.

Laboufe

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrycocoa View Post
Yeah, I can't stand when I jungle, and people take my monsters then ***** at me when I grab a few minions. And god forbid you do anything but camp their lane.
glad to see im not the only one this happens to almost every game. =)

TheeVang

12-19-2012

We don't need to play all games accordingly to the META, most times people who play by the META against a nonMETA team tends to lose more often, in my experience so far... I remember when I use to play and anyone could take mid because it was just a solo lane and then after reaching lvl 30 for about 1 week people kept talking about a META and were threatening to report people who didn't play by the META. Which I find to be very rude and dumb because, if players expect to play by the META all day long they should really go get a life. Not all games need to be played exactly like the META. It was simply an idea that was created and put into action, not a rule book to be played by and enforced by players who threaten to feed or report plays just for not playing by the META. Sometimes an entire team doesn't even need to play by the META, and can still win if they have tons of crowd control or AOE abilities.

Obama

12-19-2012

Its the mid mordes that are the worst. They start taking wraiths from the 4rth minute, onwards for the entire game.

Its even worse for the jungler now, since now GP5 rushing is not optimal, but we still need an extra source of income or we will always be behind even the support in gold

1234511 ... 30