Udyr - The once great beast beaten with the nerf stick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

He's still a good pick in the jungle. It's not a huge deal, guys. Tier 2 is still very respectable.

What you really want is a team that can back him up, people that will communicate with you, do well, and be trusted not to do stupid things. That's where Udyr really starts to shine.

Best Zod NA

12-26-2012

Quote:
What you really want is a team that can back him up, people that will communicate with you, do well, and be trusted not to do stupid things. That's where Udyr really starts to shine.
But if you had that, you'd play Skarner instead.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquisfdom View Post
But if you had that, you'd play Skarner instead.
True. But Skarner has less single target damage and natural sustain. Plus, he's weaker early on. So it's more of a matter of preference. Also, Skarner is less reliant on his team, as he can fairly easily snowball and wreck lanes alone.

Sig1

03-03-2013

I take him solo top and play tiger stance. He is very difficult to shove out of lane and can trade better than almost any champ levels 1-5. Just build resistance and triforce and BOTRK splitpush your lane. Eventually you will attract attention, and get 3 man ganked. Ping your team to take other objectives while the enemies are occupied. In the even of a full on teamfight; use BOTRK to boost yourself to the opponents adc. Burn flash if you have to but there is no adc that can take you on IF you catch them. If you are against a heavy kite team, just break through the frontline and seperate the enemy carries. Tank them for a bit, even if you die your team will win the 3v4.
-Imacomputa

The Pässion

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig1 View Post
I take him solo top and play tiger stance. He is very difficult to shove out of lane and can trade better than almost any champ levels 1-5. Just build resistance and triforce and BOTRK splitpush your lane. Eventually you will attract attention, and get 3 man ganked. Ping your team to take other objectives while the enemies are occupied. In the even of a full on teamfight; use BOTRK to boost yourself to the opponents adc. Burn flash if you have to but there is no adc that can take you on IF you catch them. If you are against a heavy kite team, just break through the frontline and seperate the enemy carries. Tank them for a bit, even if you die your team will win the 3v4.
-Imacomputa
i agree with 100% of what your saying, but i would like to point out that maybe udyr could do with a simple buff as all his abilities are fine, is that they lower his golbal cooldowns from 2 secs to 1.5 or 1 secs because having 2 seconds golbal cooldowns sucks cos half the time you need to switch to that stance to win its on golbal cooldown :S

Mohrb

03-04-2013

The biggest weakness is that udyr's attacks with his skills are a little better than most ADC's auto attacks... but not when you take their skills into consideration. Other ADCs can use skills together between ADCs... but with udyr, as soon as you leave pheonix stance, you lose the splash. As soon as you leave tiger stance, you lose the crits. Once you initiate... there's really no reason to leave tiger stance because after the initial stun, bear's useless for 6 seconds, pheonix is just giving up damage, and turtle still isn't as good because you'll still regen more life with lifesteal in tiger.

I love his flavor... but he's lagging way behind.

Fack the Shat up

03-05-2013

He has alot of trouble gettin to the enemy without gettin cc or avoided cuz (compliments of riot) almost ever new champ has some form of blink or dash to escape udyr... That and when i am Udyr and play against a team thats all hard poke and if i cant close enough to engage i get sooooo annoyed.

agbudar

03-05-2013

udyr needs to be the primal man he used to be the dangerous looking (although i humor myself when i look at his shoes) i short jump on tiger would in my opinion be wonderful remake since bear stance is a very situational initiate.

but i think making all the persistent effects of his skills into reall passive's (and with bear stance switching the MS with the stun passive) would be waaay to overpowered
then again looking at all the new champs with their redicilous mobility i mean i haven't seen good quins yet but wtf is with that mobility she has? its stupidly insane i remember udyr used to be top mobility champ he aint anywhere near that

dramacydall

03-05-2013

I had a 100% win rate with him in S2, but ever since the jungle changes hes really fallen off the charts (along with shyv) he just cant clear the jungle like other champs. Def needs some sort of buff, and im talking augmenting his abilities not just base stats.

EffectFX

03-05-2013

Udyr is fine