In Game Model (Sivir)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

12-30-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
I hate how small she is next to other champions, although she could just use a scaling fix
Rescaling champions has some unexpected consequences- champions are balanced according to how easy they are to hit by skill shots. If we made Sona's body bigger, we might need to shrink her dress, weapon, etc or we'd risk making her harder to play.

Rivini

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesias View Post
I know she's not that popular, but damn, all the 450 champions should be high priority, since they're probably the first ones the summoners will get
Speaking of this, when I first started playing so long ago, I thought Blitzcrank was "trash tier" solely because of his bad splash art, compared to some others with great art (Annie for example). He was also free the week I joined and this was when I didn't know about the free week system (I thought they gave you 10 starter champions to start with), so that more so made me believe he was weak.

Well anyway, I'm just saying visuals do indeed play a major part in appeal to players. All of the champions since Ashe who have received visual updates have seen increased play. It's no mystery. Once Sivir's model is updated, she'll be picked much more often.

Rivini

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
But if you ask me, Sivir needs the treatment the worst. Her in-game model is just hideous compared to a lot of other champions.
Personally, I think Sion's model looks the absolute worst, but I like Sivir a lot more so she should come first.

Rivini

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed Ruby View Post
Annie is wearing a Triange, but Sivir has a more defined seam on her back than Tibbers does.

Not to mention her space run. Astronautilusivir.
When she runs, it looks like she pooped herself.

Hemp Plants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Rescaling champions has some unexpected consequences- champions are balanced according to how easy they are to hit by skill shots. If we made Sona's body bigger, we might need to shrink her dress, weapon, etc or we'd risk making her harder to play.
body bigger?so you can give her even bigger boobs @_@?

NotBuzzJack

12-30-2012

Quote:
On a related note, why is Brand like 12 feet tall?

Magnamarak

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotames View Post
rescaling champions has some unexpected consequences- champions are balanced according to how easy they are to hit by skill shots. If we made sona's body bigger, we might need to shrink her dress, weapon, etc or we'd risk making her harder to play.
dont you dare shrink sona's boobs!!!

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Hitboxes =/= Model Mesh, if fighting games can readjust them (2D and 3D alike) I don't see why LoL cant readjust it's Hitboxes if the model get a small resize balance.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

12-30-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Hitboxes =/= Model Mesh, if fighting games can readjust them (2D and 3D alike) I don't see why LoL cant readjust it's Hitboxes if the model get a small resize balance.
This is true, but that feeling when you think you hit someone ("I saw it hit them!") but don't deal damage sucks. There's a disconnect there. We could do it if it made sense.

Brand is a viking's body empowered with a vengeful spirit. He's naturally a big dude- possibly made even larger through the possession.

Coaches

12-30-2012

I'm not going to link, but I saw myself that the riot senior designer had sivir on his list to remodel.