Fiddle is completely broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malenstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

His ult covers the entire lane and with his fear and silence he has an answer for absolutely everything. Me and my team tried getting MR, quicksilver sash, and diving him first and every time he would get away because of his kit

Zwag

Adjudicator

12-25-2012

Get a better team comp.

THE LOVE TONIGHT

12-25-2012

eat your ahgdasg hamburgerz POPTART

Mudfoot Jackson

12-25-2012

@ Zach: Imagine blind pick (as there is.. of course, no draft mode)

Anyways, I was barely able to pull off beating the enemy's darius + fid combo, but luckily I was jayce, and I knocked fiddle around. Get your AP carries to get wooglets, and try to outplay them by catching them apart. If they're trying to get you to initiate, rush to fiddle and get him before he ults, or while he's channeling.

And yes, I agree, fiddle covers a GIANT area of the map, but it shows that the new TT reflects SR in a way: teamfights can be planned out, and ults can be used to chain off each other, when before, you could almost just 1v3.

BlackSparkz

12-25-2012

If you really want to counter fiddle, don't feed him early game. He's incredibly squishy early game, and if you can supress him before mid game, you're good for the rest of the game. IMO if you can constantly poke or hard cc him, that's a good alternative as well.

gnmish

12-25-2012

Step 1. Play Singed
Step 2. Use throw to interrupt start of ult, or move him away from the fight during ult
Step 3. Respond to the inevitable Singed so OP comments, probably by agreeing with them.

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

I play Fiddle a lot on Twisted Treeline (and other maps). Certainly, he is very effective on Twisted Treeline, but I wouldn't say he's really unbalanced at it in particular. He's strong, but not stronger; you can counter him fine, it's just easier to do good with him than it is with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSparkz View Post
If you really want to counter fiddle, don't feed him early game. He's incredibly squishy early game, and if you can supress him before mid game, you're good for the rest of the game. IMO if you can constantly poke or hard cc him, that's a good alternative as well.
Yeah, this. ^

You also have two other things to keep in mind:

1. Builds: You need to build Magic Resist and Tenacity against Fiddle. With strong Magic Resist, Crowstorm isn't nearly as effective and neither is Drain. Drain is Fiddle's lifeline. Any good Fiddle maxes it first. He's squishy even during the late-game (in comparison to most champs late-game), and needs Drain to stay alive.

With high Magic Resist, not only is he doing far less damage (Drain can nearly kill you if you're naked on MR and don't have much HP), but his health intake is drastically decreased; he becomes less effective as a nuker at the same time as his sustain drops. It's a crucial two birds with one stone. Build MR. And early. Don't wait for him to feed.

Tenacity is self-explanatory; Fiddle's CC is pretty nasty. Build that **** so you can recover sooner.

2. Get the initiative, and outmaneuver: Fiddle isn't a burster. He can't slaughter you before you can do much. So act first. Fear can incapacitate you, but not if you stun him first, or attack him with a group. The last game where I crushed with Fiddle on TT, I didn't win because Fiddle was OP, I won because we COMPLETELY outmaneuvered the enemy. I kept ganking, catching people unawares, manipulating bushes, and CC'ing like a mother****er.

Get there first, and get him first. Fiddle cannot survive a good focus, no matter how much AP he has on Drain. Sometimes focusing him might be better than running if he Crowstorms. Ill-timed Crowstorms are fatal for a Fiddle.

If he gets away, he will heal on minions; don't let him. Again, it can't be said enough: Fiddle cannot take bursts of damage. He is about sustain. He catches you first, disables you, and executes over a short period of time. His sustain is insane, but if you get the initiative and don't let him escape, he will be helpless. Outmaneuver him.

One final note on maneuvers. Fiddle is great in terms of escape tactics... against a single opponent. His only escape move is his fear, which can get him away from a single enemy easily. But if you attack him with a group -- particularly AD champs who don't rely on spells, because of his silence -- he has no means of getting away. Focusing him is really important.

Thinking about it... stuns are the single greatest anti-Fiddle weapon. You can use them to stop Drain or Crowstorm and waste a cast, and you can use them to initiate against him and kill him before his sustain can even come into play.

Hello I am God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Nobody thought fiddle was OP in the first place... Fiddle, if anything, lacks. Level 20s think Fiddle is OP, sure, the same way they think Xin Zhao and Twitch are, because they don't know how to play against these champions. You ARE right on how to counter him, however.

Iliketurtle

12-26-2012

W
H
O
A
at the team comp when u get stuck with durps XD

doombotMECHA

12-27-2012

"Get there first, and get him first. Fiddle cannot survive a good focus, no matter how much AP he has on Drain. Sometimes focusing him might be better than running if he Crowstorms. Ill-timed Crowstorms are fatal for a Fiddle."
don't apply this too a 1v1 situation unless you have a grevious wounds thing on him......it just doesn't work.
honestly just make sure you have a good solid stun/silence/knockaround ready for him