Solo lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onelöve

11-29-2009

I like soloing mid as veigar against most heros. Generally, I can hold my own, and usually they end up sending a 2nd hero to gank or help with the lane, throwing off the other lanes. It is great fun.

In the end though, it all depends on the player and the matchup.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

corki > annie > ashe > other champions > heimy

GreyPowerVan

11-29-2009

Annie, Twisted Fate, Cho'gath, Heimer(he's not bad if you win most games), Teemo, a good amumu can pull it off.

123birds

11-29-2009

Veigar because....
1. Baleful hits for a hella lot for 75 mana and spammable (3.88 and 260 dmg at level 8)
2. He is a nuke, so no shenanigans with flash though cleanse is annoying (stun)
3, His stun outranges everyone elses (-morganna) and is easy to aim
4. It is more terrifying to be killed by a midget then a MFing chogath
5. Hes the Tiny master of evil. What more do you want?
That is why veigar should solo. If you disagree play me.

TokinPrez

11-30-2009

It all depends really but often times Ashe or similar such as Corki will take solo mid.

Some tanks like Cho'Gath do well mid and my favorite and who I always take solo mid with would be Nasus, have yet to find anyone who gives him much trouble since you can lane control so well and last easy.

Teemo is also very good here and some of the casters can do well early thanks to ranged dominance early game. Nunu could fit here as well since he has such strong early game power and consume to stay in his lane.

Really it is your physical melee dps that should not take solo mid unless they are super confident. Most ranged can handle it if they are decent and many of the tanks as well though some I imagine would be hard pressed.

TokinPrez

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123birds View Post
Veigar because....
1. Baleful hits for a hella lot for 75 mana and spammable (3.88 and 260 dmg at level 8)
2. He is a nuke, so no shenanigans with flash though cleanse is annoying (stun)
3, His stun outranges everyone elses (-morganna) and is easy to aim
4. It is more terrifying to be killed by a midget then a MFing chogath
5. Hes the Tiny master of evil. What more do you want?
That is why veigar should solo. If you disagree play me.
I think Veigar is OK mid but a well played Cho'Gath would outplay him there due to having so much CC and silence combined with massive HP and consume. Also I have solo mid against veigar a lot lately as Nasus against good Veigars, in fact they were the best on their team as a whole and had no problem with him at all, easy to last hit and keep my life up and I could burst down Veigar quickly if he tried to press me.

doomenstein

11-30-2009

Sivir, Corki, Ashe, Cho'Gath.

Sivir pushes like no other, by the third creep wave, they are constantly at their tower. They try to come up to last hit, your bouncing blade harasses them while you focus their melee creeps. Grab a single level of spell shield, so that if they get you within a single nuke of death, you can save yourself (great against ashe, wait for the level 6 arrow, spellshield, gg). And her boomerang nuke is one of the strongest in the game, both for pushing and harassing, if you are good with it.

Corki is amazing, doesn't matter what items you get. Flash bomb to harass and farm backline. Valkyrie to from front creep line back to burn em down. Starting at 6, he's got a long range harassing/farm nuke for 20 mana. Amazing if you're good with aiming it.

Ashe, the mid solo in 95% of low ELO games. Boring, but amazing nonetheless. Frost arrow to keep enemy champions at bay when they're trying to harass, or to chase em down better, volley for farming and long range harass, and a passive that most people consider **** but I think is great to complement the large amount of last hitting you will be doing. Finally, getting to 6 early to arrow your own lane for an easy kill, or launch into another lane to help them out is great fun and can earn teammates a kill or two.

Cho'Gath is just an amazing solo. I still remember a game that I soloed against a Ryze, we both got to 6, he ulted me, I just kept on farming his creeps.

I haven't used Annie much (when is week 2 of champ rotation getting here so I can try her again?) but I've been in plenty of games where she rocked both her own lane opponent, then comes down to dual lanes and pulls off double kills with an energized ult. She can be scary as hell.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

I can mid solo Kassadin if I have Teleport and Smite. It's funny, because as soon as you turn level six, you totally counter champions like Ashe, Teemo and Sivir. They do more damage then you do, but it takes them so long to do it that your mobility wins.

I remember when Morgana was a strong mid solo. Same with Karthus. I've also seen Twisted Fate, Nasus, Gangplank and Mundo mid solo successfully. It really depends on the player.

Targhan

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Keep in mind that all heroes will be better solo than in a lane by themselves, simply because they'll level faster and gain more gold. The real question is whether it's particularly better for one hero to solo than another of the choices on your team.

Also, I'm in agreement that Heimdinger is the worst hero to solo, because he's so lackluster at level 18. Solo laning against Heimdinger is like playing 5v4.

Benoit

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targhan View Post
Solo laning against Heimdinger is like playing 5v4.
lol'd