Best assassin? Who is the best at this role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Poro Snax

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feints View Post
Assassins dammit. not best mid pick.

The ball is either in Diana or akali's hands.
wow someone finally said Diana. going to 2nd that even with her nurfs

Rokkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feints View Post
Assassins dammit. not best mid pick.

The ball is either in Diana or akali's hands.
Those nidalee spears are assassins on their own.

Plus I've seen cougars in real life assassinate. You ever seen a white haired moon worshipper do the same?...

Don't answer that.

Drakojan

12-25-2012

Y U NO PICK EVE? Seriously though, she does percentage health damage, so DFG, Ult, E, Q and you can kill an Amumu. (I've done it before.) So, I kinda feel bad killing that Ezreal..

Coolh4x0r

12-25-2012

single target...surprised nobody mentioned xin. against single targets, he's lethal. In a teamfight, he'll instakill the enemy adc and/or ap carry. his ewq combo burst around 3k dmg single target lategame (their carry), and use r to finish off and knock back the tank that's trying to cc you. then out dps that tank.

Slashinghardest

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
Y U NO PICK EVE? Seriously though, she does percentage health damage, so DFG, Ult, E, Q and you can kill an Amumu. (I've done it before.) So, I kinda feel bad killing that Ezreal..
"I've done it before" thats a laugh anyone can do that on any champion under the right circumstances. Assasins are only the strongest if your team cant peel for ****. Wards and CC can beat a assasin easy. If you know where they are coming from and your team actually builds well then assasins are no problem. Not to mention their strength comes from two sources, fed in lane, cleaning up teamfights. Kill them first in teamfights and gank them in lane and they are deadweight.

Tucking Sits

12-25-2012

Zed and Xin are my two favorite. Zed's ulti is insane, and even if you die after casting, there is still a high chance you can get the kill.

Xin is extremely good for 1v1 fights. You can EQW carries in team fights, or single targets in a 1v1, doing insane damage. Even if they manage to survive the initial combo, the pop up from your Q usually ensures a kill.

Pantheon is also a good mention. If enemies aren't paying attention, using his ulti, then W to E will give you the kill, and if they manage to survive, your Q has enough range and power to let you walk away with a kill. Not to mention his passive and W give you a shield that absorbs 100% damage from a single attack, giving you some tankiness if you decide to tower dive.

AD Hyper Carry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

I vote nocturne. team fight's about to start, all of a sudden you hear "darkness".

immediately, panicking, you, as sona, throw your ultimate.

immune to CC, he flies at you anyways, upon reaching you with half health because his ultimate did the rest of it, he autoattacks you once, with his passive available.

you have now died, leaving your team in a 4 v 5, with their FULL HEALTH bruiser situated behind them. he still has three of his abilities up and can easily out dps the rest of them with his team's health.

THIS IS THE REASON I QUIT PLAYING SUPPORTS

AND THIS is the reason nocturne is the best assassin.

- that and his speed up to chase, fear, and general insane damage

MrBlueSkink

12-25-2012

Kha'Zix, he can jump in, do around 5k damage to an isolated target in 6 seconds using only his Q and jump right back out

Primobolan

12-26-2012

My vote is for Akali. Oracle or no oracle. With a Hextech Gunblade and Zhonya's it's pretty much gg against anything that isn't a tank. 1v1 she isn't tanky, but with just those 2 items you won't get away from her, "IF" you don't have an oracle you won't outduel her, and she has solid sustain.

I don't think Akali puts out the most burst damage by any means. Eve blows her away in that regard, But for sustained burst, and the fact that an akali with flash, Zhonya's, and 3 marks, and smart use of shroud is literally impossible to escape from without some form of stealth, makes her really strong 1v1.

Not to brag, but I have killed pretty fed Olaf's and Jax 1v1 that "did not have an oracle".

Now obviously 1v1 isn't the most important part of an assassin, and this is really why I feel Akali is the best even if the enemy team has an oracle. So many people say that an oracle shuts Akali down. Actually it doesn't. Akali's damage is nothing to be trifled with, and her mobility is second to none. You let the 2 teams engage, and during the middle of the fight you can literally ult to a target in the middle of the pack, and from there ult to the support or adc way in the back, in the span of about 1.2 seconds.

Outside if Vi there isn't another champ with that ability to quickly bypass a team's positioning, that can also supply the damage necessary. You could could count Poppy with her ult+ghost up, but it's not quite the same thing.

Anyhow, that's my opinion.

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSkink View Post
Kha'Zix, he can jump in, do around 5k damage to an isolated target in 6 seconds using only his Q and jump right back out
Was gonna say.

I don't think you can make any argument about one assassin being objectively better than the others. But in my experience Kha'Zix is pretty brutal. A well-built Kha'Zix is basically invulnerable in a 1v1, and if you evolve Q, E, and R, he's faster than anyone else I can think of at executing multiple low opponents. Even if he's not able to execute or isolate, he can contribute massive damage in teamfights.

And that's not even talking about chase potential. If you manage to evade a good Kha'Zix player, whether you have Flash or not, you deserve praise. His jump and stealth + speed boost make Kha'Zix taking Flash himself almost redundant (although it would probably help deal with those people who do occasionally avoid him). An evolved jump and evolved Void Assault? No one is getting away unless they back into their team or reach the spawning platform.

I am biased though. Kha'Zix is my favorite champ. :P