Expanding Summoner's Rift themes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurilliux

12-24-2012

The themes for the last few champions have been solid, and this brought me to thinking about the old theme(s) for Summoner's Rift. Could it be time to rework the music that we (who still play with the game sound enabled) listen to every match?

The original idea I had in mind is to have a different theme for each champion played. Obviously, this would be a pretty ambitious undertaking, attempting to compose even just a single song per champion that would fit with each champ's flavor. This doesn't need to be the approach taken, but it sets the tone for where the music could go in the future.

Perhaps one could hear one of the following possibilities while in-game (sorted by perceived effort, easy to hard):

The theme for the champion's faction or allegiance (e.g. Noxus, Demacia.)

A playlist based around the champions on your team / in the current match. (Songs could also be chosen from a list by the summoner?)

A common theme, with instrumentation or style changing based on the champions present in the current match (e.g. see Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack for how they approached different variations for basically the same level [even underwater] -- not to mention the many modern and classical pieces that practice theme and variation. )

An individual theme for each champion.

I won't advocate for any particular choice above -- all I'm really hoping for is to get the ball rolling and see some (any!) new songs on the Summoner's Rift. Please post your constructive criticism!