Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banner of command is simply not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

01-22-2013

It really does feel underpowered for the cost, but the AP-CDR shift is in the right direction. Maybe buff the minion boost to 30%? Change the rest of the AP to more armor or MR?

Wonder Princess

01-22-2013

Bascially, it allows you to have a 3rd summoner spell.

Once in fun a normal game, I rushed it on leblanc... after every gank bot and top (successfuls, don't need items in beginning of game to kill opponents), I used it to help push the lane. And it was worth it.

Leblanc's role is to give victory to all lanes so that all allies get advance on gold and territory. That item fills that purpose greatly, even without giving that much stats.

GurkenMAN

01-24-2013

Quote:
Karkasos:
Bascially, it allows you to have a 3rd summoner spell.

Once in fun a normal game, I rushed it on leblanc... after every gank bot and top (successfuls, don't need items in beginning of game to kill opponents), I used it to help push the lane. And it was worth it.

Leblanc's role is to give victory to all lanes so that all allies get advance on gold and territory. That item fills that purpose greatly, even without giving that much stats.

You rushed it on LB and it worked... mhhh...
Bad idea imo
1. rushing it is just NO
2. on lb...well

Its too expensive for what it gives. More Bonus to minions or a little cheaper. You pay like 700g for the passives- bad deal

Galgus

01-24-2013

If the minion buff it gives could actually help in a champion fight it might be a bit better in lane.It wasn't the most viable thing, but I enjoyed promoting Dominion minions to help in a fight, and they actually made some difference.

GurkenMAN

01-24-2013

OK in dominion it might be good.

But id like a redesign for SR. Its just bad- even on Petchamps.

Maybe lower price or heighten stats. Mabe even heighten stats alot AND Price accordingly for slot efficieny.

Kholdstare13

01-24-2013

Even in Dominion I don't feel it enough. It's not tanky enough, or doesn't give enough of a buff to minions. It just eats too much out of a build for what it gives, and promote is something you want early on.

TealNinje

01-24-2013

Nunu is the only champion I would support running it on. Simply promote + Blood Boil and then go do something else; if there's no enemy champion in the lane, free tower.

Might make jungle Nunu kind of stupid; any successful gank is a free tower.

Aim Wizard

01-24-2013

Quote:
Soulwolf:
supports dont build banner of command....

heimerdinger, yorick, etc build it.

go figure why that may be

its a pushing item. not a generic support item.

and it adds a way for a champ such as heimer to add support to his team in terms of increasing pushing ability while not compromising his own ability to functions as a champion.

also imagine a team setup of :

heimer
yorick
malzahar
zyra
(maybe morde?)

suddenly banner of command is becoming a freaking awsome support item

\
I don't beleive it works with Zyra, and I know it doesn't work with Morde.

But it does work amazingly well with Elise