Banner of command is simply not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chillin

01-15-2013

i would never build this on yorick, wasted stats and a slot for something he doesnt do (split push), ill probly get the speech about how u can q your way out and w if theyre closing the gap but still no,your job is to be in the team fight utilizing that ult.

Nexttoradio

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalRequíem View Post
I've been experimenting with this item lately and I gotta say... very underwhelming :/ I REALLY like it early on to help my minions do "Tons of Damage" but the stats it provides just don't feel strong enough. Maybe if it built out of Philo Stone, Chalice, Aegis, or had a late-game upgrade or lower cost. As is though, it just feels like something's missing.

(tested it with Zyra and Elise. will test with Heim soon).

I think building out of aegis would me amazing since Runic Bulwark is only really woth it vs heavy ap teams or a fed ap. Being able to turn aegis into this would be a fun alternative.

RIOT DO THIS!!

As a stand-alone item I think it is too weak though.

Kholdstare13

01-16-2013

What if they swapped the blasting wand for a null magic mantle, cut the price a bit, and made it 25-30 MR instead of 40 AP?

Thubgar

01-16-2013

it looks like it's made for elise, but she's just too terrible ATM.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGothitelle View Post
Banner of command increases the damage your ghouls and turrets do.
Same with elise's spiders, malzahar's voidlings, etc.

That's why you get it, generally not for the stronger siege minion.
u still wouldn't get it then malzahar doesn't push turrets and it's honestly a horrible item to be rushing on him. it might be decent on elise but she's the only one. other champions with minions like yorick or heimer wouldn't ever use it their minion would be getting more damage if u just bought an ad/ap item instead

Xela Syab

01-17-2013

Its really a gamechanging item if you use it right. There actually feels like a "lane" presence when you use it on dominion and the minions will actually make it to the towers. Really great item for supports mages and tanks.

Jaliyl

01-18-2013

Everyone's talking like this item can't be swapped out at the critical point in the match where team fights become more crucial than pushing your lane, and the only time you'd even go to push your lane is when it's pushed to your turret or close to it, then you get that nice little 10-20 cs that you needed. Consider it as your Duran's Ring/Sword/Shield.

Thubgar

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaliyl View Post
Everyone's talking like this item can't be swapped out at the critical point in the match where team fights become more crucial than pushing your lane, and the only time you'd even go to push your lane is when it's pushed to your turret or close to it, then you get that nice little 10-20 cs that you needed. Consider it as your Duran's Ring/Sword/Shield.
you want to flush 700 gold by level 12? by all means

urkal

01-20-2013

I do believe they intended this to be a support item but the cost vs. benefits just doesn't work out. Making it cheaper would defiantly be a step in the right direction. Also the unique active needs to make the minions stronger and not just the HP, although the gold thing wouldn't realy work since ur ADC would be needing last hits more. Or, what I personally would like, they can make it where gold is passively increased for minions killed within an area of effect around the banner and more for champion kills/assist. It would be great for supports to have an item like that since really there's very few items to help with gold buildup.

Windless Bear

01-20-2013

This single item can help save your game. Imagine middle inhib down, bottom lane pushing hard. Go into lane, pop it on a minion, instantly gain a tank to hold back the tide.