Banner of command is simply not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekozei

12-24-2012

We need promote back. Promote was an excellent spell for pushing top or other lanes. It was vital to have a presence in a lane during team fights. When I used it before the season 3 patch along with a teleport strategy it was extremely effective and helped win many a close game. Now the only way to get it is to build an almost (in my opinion) useless item. The Banner of Command does not offer any exceptional support value and is too expensive to get over superior support items. Also, AD bruisers top cannot use it because of AP stats. Those top laners tend to be the hardest pushers. An AP tank may get it but it pales in comparison to more useful tanky/support items. I believe that this item needs to be either made cheaper, given greater variety, or eliminated altogether. We need our promote back.

Soulwolf

12-25-2012

supports dont build banner of command....

heimerdinger, yorick, etc build it.

go figure why that may be

its a pushing item. not a generic support item.

and it adds a way for a champ such as heimer to add support to his team in terms of increasing pushing ability while not compromising his own ability to functions as a champion.

also imagine a team setup of :

heimer
yorick
malzahar
zyra
(maybe morde?)

suddenly banner of command is becoming a freaking awsome support item

Ghost Meruem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

It can be used a support item. It increases the damage of near by minions. The promote minion itself isn't all that great, but it dose the job. I personally would like the spell back though.

Kira the Light

12-25-2012

this item + captains boots with say a split push yi is awsome

turulHAARP

12-26-2012

It's a great item however the promoted unit's attack dmg is simply not enough.

ProtectTheMinion

12-26-2012

I build this as proving grounds sona.

1. Philosopher's Stone
2. Kage's Lucky Pick
3. Captin Enchanted Boots
4. Banner of Command
5. Runic Balwark
6. What I need

Your creeps will win more often then non buffed creeps if you use the BoC.

Nekozei

01-07-2013

But only building it on AP tops doesn't make sense since most tops are AD. And it's so important to have a way of clearing top or bot because there is always one team member that will not fight and instead wants lanes cleared. He chooses lane over team battle and the team loses because they are often initiated upon. This is my experience, and I believe having something else to push lanes during team fights would be much more effective. But this item isn't very suited to a particular role so promote would be much more effective.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwolf View Post
supports dont build banner of command....

heimerdinger, yorick, etc build it.

go figure why that may be

its a pushing item. not a generic support item.

and it adds a way for a champ such as heimer to add support to his team in terms of increasing pushing ability while not compromising his own ability to functions as a champion.

also imagine a team setup of :

heimer
yorick
malzahar
zyra
(maybe morde?)

suddenly banner of command is becoming a freaking awsome support item
except if u've got turrets already free farming for u or ghouls doing all the work adding an extra seige minion in there is completely pointless especially when u could've just bought more mana or damage to improve the ghouls u already have.

FinalShinobi

01-15-2013

I've been experimenting with this item lately and I gotta say... very underwhelming :/ I REALLY like it early on to help my minions do "Tons of Damage" but the stats it provides just don't feel strong enough. Maybe if it built out of Philo Stone, Chalice, Aegis, or had a late-game upgrade or lower cost. As is though, it just feels like something's missing.

(tested it with Zyra and Elise. will test with Heim soon).

FreeGothitelle

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
except if u've got turrets already free farming for u or ghouls doing all the work adding an extra seige minion in there is completely pointless especially when u could've just bought more mana or damage to improve the ghouls u already have.
Banner of command increases the damage your ghouls and turrets do.
Same with elise's spiders, malzahar's voidlings, etc.

That's why you get it, generally not for the stronger siege minion.