Well, it was fun...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

12-24-2012

But I just can't take anymore Kassadin's, Jax's and "team squishies" trying to see who can burst each other down the quickest.

My gaming partner and I have played Dominion religiously from the start but we're off to GW2 and hopefully at some point down the road when we check back maybe RIOT will have implemented bans or some solutions to these issues as for now it's just no longer any fun unless you play a select few "face roll on keyboard" champs.

And yeah, you don't know me, see ya next week, yada, yada...

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Damieh

12-24-2012

I don't mind you going away but I'd be angry if you don't come back when ranked gets implemented! =)

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

have fun when yo are out! remember that Doinion will always give you a warm welcome when you decide to come back.. well somewhat of a twisted warm welcome n_nU but hey it's warm! =D

IIxeenoxII

12-24-2012

Can we start a petition? kass is honestly infuriating to play against. he derps in, does his combo, and jumps a wall rinse repeat. Counterplay? what counterplay? you're silenced <_< so rediculous.

KaWraith

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIxeenoxII View Post
Can we start a petition? kass is honestly infuriating to play against. he derps in, does his combo, and jumps a wall rinse repeat. Counterplay? what counterplay? you're silenced <_< so rediculous.
We have been pressing for this for a while... So far no official riot response on Kassadin.

Riot has come through for us on other OP champion issues:
Teemo was nerfed, and with lightbringer and the pending hextex sweeper update to reveal teemo shrooms, he is going to be much more manageable.

Additionally BfT and BC helped restore viability to mages and melees.

Riot isn't doing nothing, but they are certainly moving slowly and carefully.

Tempestphile

12-26-2012

I hate Kassadin so much

inuyashian01

12-26-2012

Meh I play a lot and I really don't see much of Kassadin. That being said I would love to try out GW2 looks like a lot of fun, but waiting for it to become f2p. I recently picked up Vi and having tons of fun with her. If you don't like Kass that much, just avoid him, and when someone jumps him help out. Anticipate his move and chances are he can go down.

Fabs457

12-26-2012

gw2 requires a monthly fee? i've been wanting to try it out since its about 29$ on steam now

IIxeenoxII

12-26-2012

No monthly fee, I've had it since release and it just seems like another grind it out mmo. The quests (at least to me) all seem the same with little variation. Last I played it, it was glitchy (I assume its gotten better since then). I'm sure the pvp is good, though I didnt get that far.

anywhoo: back to kassadin! that jerk! hate that guy...

The Bitterness

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
But I just can't take anymore Kassadin's, Jax's and "team squishies" trying to see who can burst each other down the quickest.

My gaming partner and I have played Dominion religiously from the start but we're off to GW2 and hopefully at some point down the road when we check back maybe RIOT will have implemented bans or some solutions to these issues as for now it's just no longer any fun unless you play a select few "face roll on keyboard" champs.

And yeah, you don't know me, see ya next week, yada, yada...

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Maybe you'll see this, maybe you won't, but I'll post anyway.

If Riot has any plans for bolstering the health of Dominion it is unclear. To be fair, it's not even clear that Riot is terribly concerned with Twisted Treeline; however, to wax slightly conspiratorial, TT is enough like SR that they're able to feel comfortable working with and on that map. NCSoft's Aion had a particular claim to fame early on, PvPvE. This is Summoner's Rift, only it's PvEvP. Dominion is all about PvP and teamfights, about taking PvP objectives and not slowly farming to a passive-aggressive snowball victory. Dominion, I think, is something that Riot really has a problem with...but that will happen when everything revolving around the game is balanced toward one particular map, even after the other two were implemented. Someone could argue that Nome's presence means something important, however Nome's posts and responses to posts leave me with absolutely no faith in either Nome or Riot in respect to Dominion.

Riot's main focus has been clear in the year that I've been playing League of Legends: more champions, more skin sales and improving SR. None of that, since there are three officially supported maps, says that they are concerned about true competitive play (e-sports) or PvP. When it comes down to it, I've been playing mostly AI games to get a bit of IP to unlock more champions and have been enjoying playing Custom Dominion matches against my girlfriend. (We play with four bots on each team, the same bots, and then random 3 times. The other person then picks on champ that we can't play or the champ we have to play, and it's been much more enjoyable than people refusing to communicate or accept help with poor play/decisions. Oddly enough, we've noticed that the AI on each team tends to 'cycle' in one specific direction and with VERY little change depending on the points that are capture. Blue cycles from Blue Mid to Top to Purple Mid, following clockwise, whereas Purple cycles from Blue Bot to Purple Bot, following clockwise.) It's very infrequent that I play regular Dominion games unless I have, at least, 2 or 3 other people I know with me. Dominion has been made rendered insignificant by Riot and the calibre of play on that map shows.

In respect to Guild Wars 2, don't look there for meaningful PvP. There are a plethora of mechanic issues that have not been addressed and, all things considered, make play look really sloppy. From what I've read, I would compare it to TERA, the 'action combat' game I have experience with. Group battles in TERA were a messy affair and from what I've heard about group battles in GW2 it's far too similar. On top of that, the WvWvW PvP isn't meaningful at all and has devolved into a simple zergfest. If you've ever played the Alterac Valley BG in WoW, you'll be familiar with what I'm talking about here.

If you'd be willing to play with folks that can take criticism and like to win with several different viable compositions, feel free to add me on League and we an go from there. It's been a very, very bad decade for our hobby and, for my part, I'm always interested in getting together with people that actually care about the games they play.