Lost 150 ELO in 4 Days...@Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SNSD Seöhyun

12-24-2012

So in the beginning of the holidays (12/20/12) I started ranking. What happened? I went on a losing streak of about 5ish. Alright that sucks, but it happens right? Shrugged it off and continued the next day. More losing. Today I've finally went from 1681 to 1529 within 4 days. I'm guessing I've played around 19 games. Not 100% how many but I've only won 3 in these 4 days. Meaning I've lost 16 games...16 games and won 3. Not to mention that 2 of those games had leaver/dc. Never in ranked have I ever fought a team that had a d/c. In normals of course, but never in ranked yet I get 2 within my first 4 games of the holidays.

Theoretically the ELO system "works" because its been used throughout different mediums and what not. By some smart guy from Marquette University. It doesn't work. The theory goes that you should have a smaller percentage of getting trolls on your team because well there are only 4 spots on your team for trolls/scrubs whereas 5 on the other team. So lets be honest. I'm basing my win rate off luck then?

Most people just tell me to carry harder. I'm sorry I'm not a 2200+ ELO player, it isn't possible with these kind of players. I've played a total of 2 1 hour long games in the 19 games. Both times one person decides to throw, no matter how far ahead we are.

By no means have I had the worst of the blow. I have a friend who hit 2k last season, now is 1650 and can't gain (he did hit 1785 this season). I duo with him sometimes (only twice of my 19 games) and yet we struggle to carry our teammates. I friend people that I meet that are actually decent players on my drop. One in particular was 1750 and is now 1550.

I've reasoned that the players could be because of the holidays and people coming out of school and what not. Sadly it is not the case, this is no storm that will just pass. These players have all played games this season meaning that they did not just come back from the game after a long break. Besides you don't come back to a game that rusty anyways.

I have seriously not gone negative (kills+assist to deaths) in awhile, and when I have it was when we had a d/c. I try my hardest in every game because I want to win unlike most people that I play with, or for what it seems. I was fluxing around 1650 before the holidays now I just simply dropped like a rock without hesitation.

I beg, I plead, I'll even throw another 50 bucks at you Riot to please figure this luck system out. You may be right that I should be gaining ELO in the end because I have the odds on my side, but I would prefer not to play 1000 games to make your data set correct.

I will say I am not the most constructive player. Especially recently after this endless spree of nothing but losing. I use to be, but after losing it to this madness you call a matchmaking system I've simply started raging at players. However I don't even rage until we are destined to lose, like if it's 3-21, we've lost our first mid turret at 9mins because our counterpicked himself/herself or my jungle Malphite who didn't get counter jungled is somehow level 5 at 15mins (these all happened).

I have met one person in person that is positive all the time, constructive and works being a better person for everyone around him. Perhaps one of you have met him, Stainless Smile. I want to honor this person, regardless of how much I bash on him for making constant mistakes he still, well, "Smile"s. Now let us think about it for a second. This person has actually gained a lot of ELO. No doubt anyone like him should. I will not lie, he is not an amazing player but isn't **** either.

Study shows that not swearing, being constructive, recognizing when you screw up other than only when your teammates do, will get you to win more. No matter how hard I try to be like this person, it just turns into a nightmare. I recognize my mistakes, but truly others make the dumbest mistakes ever and it's repeated as if they had never done the wrong thing more than once. So now I've simply lost it and I can't even be like Stainless Smile because of the amount of stupid that is bestowed on me.

Stainless Smile and those like him should get some sort of award. Truly amazing and gifted people. Wish I could be more like them, but you know I cannot deal with so much stupid. I'm not not sure how you, Riot, will go about fixing this problem I've actually whined about since the beginning of this game but I hope you spend more time on the structure of the game rather than the content of the game. Serious players like myself have seriously no luck in this game as it seems. My 2k friends truly deserves to be 2k, but should he have to play 500+ ranked games to maybe get there? I'm about to dip below 1500, and even from my friend he says I'm a lot better than some of the people he meets in the 1800s. I understand people make mistakes and that losing streaks will happen, but are you serious? I've won literally 3 games in the past 4 days of playing ranked. I haven't gotten worse I promise you.

~Happy ELO Lucking Summoners~

Here's my profile:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20940242

My 2k friend:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19386882

Stainless Smile:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19725432

Disgruntler

12-24-2012

Play more games.

If you're 'better than you're elo' you'll swing a few games in your favor you'd otherwise lose.

If you're not, you won't.

It's really that simple. But you have to understand that Elo is based on larger numbers of games--it's self correcting, and the more 'incorrect' your Elo is, the greater the chance you have of gaining Elo.

SNSD Seöhyun

12-24-2012

No offense, but this is coming from a player that has never won a ranked game. I'm not bashing on you but you have zero self proof for you saying that I should play more games. I don't think you understand my position because you haven't actually experienced it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rat...Elo.27s_scheme

If you notice, the ELO system was used for a game like Chess. Where there is only one person to count on to win you the game, yourself. This would make sense to use ELO for chess. However I am not going to base my ELO off of how hard I can carry a game, because there are actual people out there in this world that just don't have the luck to hope you can carry every single game. You can do well, do your hardest but you cannot carry them.

Also people could be thinking that if I cared so much about my team why don't I go play ranked 5s. Well my answer is I really would like to. My 2k friend and I want to make a team but we need actual good players to make a team, that share the same goal as us. However that is why I'm doing solo queue, so I can meet good players along the way because that's how the best teams are formed today.

Worshipmeh

12-24-2012

Wtb mmr

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

Played bad. Lost Elo. Blamed Riot.

SNSD Seöhyun

12-25-2012

I lost 150 ELO....A week ago I was fluxing. Two weeks ago I was climbing ELO and now I'm just randomly losing ELO? Makes sense.

I would prefer people like you to not comment on this considering you have zero experience with my situation, let alone ranked experience.

LogicalTautology

12-25-2012

100 people decide to play 100 games of pickup Basketball, randomizing teams of 5 before every game and ensuring that every player plays 100 games. I want you to tell me everything you can about how well Johnny will do in his 100 games based only on the following information:
*In 95 of his 100 games, Johnny is the best player in the game by a significant margin.
*The other 9 players in the game are totally randomized.

What do you think is going to happen? How well will Johnny do in his 100 games?

Rymaa

12-25-2012

Well is Johnny as good as Shaq or Lebron?

AeonTek

12-25-2012

Maybe, JUUUUST maybe, you aren't as good as you think you are. Crazy I know

Aeshura

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serran View Post
maybe, juuuust maybe, you aren't as good as you think you are. Crazy i know
preposterous!