Rengar current state

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hesphestus

02-19-2013

I purchased Rengar a little while ago I have to say I don't like him at all. His fury takes too long to stack for the single ability buff it gives. His damage output is weaker compared to other assassins, and falls off hard from a bad early game.

Forever Dunking

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesphestus View Post
I purchased Rengar a little while ago I have to say I don't like him at all. His fury takes too long to stack for the single ability buff it gives. His damage output is weaker compared to other assassins, and falls off hard from a bad early game.
That's all true, I hoped rengar could find a particular niche to Live in, but it doesnt seem like it.
Like you said he's weak early game and it isn't better in the lategame and this is what saddens me the most in his kit. or design

Troy242621

02-21-2013

One combo I found that does take ADCs out anyways is having 4/5 ferocity, hitting them with Savagery then hitting Savagery again then use all my skills and pop my ult for 5/5 ferocity again then land Savagery again and throw out every skill a second time. Does some decent hurting. Though I will say, they went overboard nerfing him. His kit is particularly difficult to balance properly, but I feel like a few things need to be touched up.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

i find it really stupid that they give him a snowball item to make him unique but not have him built as an assassin. if u build him as one all u can do is jump in kill someone then die

BlackIronBeast

02-21-2013

Something I saw a lot of Rengar players doing before his nerfs were just blindly leaping into the thick of fights and taking out the ADC while all 5 people were on him and he'd have enough damage to take out the ADC quickly while also having enough sustain to keep himself alive long enough to be able to stealth and walk away before the rest of the team killed him. Now, people still try to play him this way and I watch people try to leap into a group of 5 and immediately get killed. No champion should be able to do that--that doesn't mean that I think Rengar is balanced because I have also noticed a shockingly low amount of people picking him and he almost always loses his lane or jungle. I don't particularly like Rengar and have no desire to play him but I accept the fact that others do. Therefor, yeah, I'd like him to have some balance changes to him so people will stop feeding because he's too weak.

TLDR He should be able to assassinate the enemy ADC but he shouldn't be able to do so by himself with the ADC's team surrounding them, so balance changes should be considered but his kit makes that hard to do.

Forever Dunking

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
One combo I found that does take ADCs out anyways is having 4/5 ferocity, hitting them with Savagery then hitting Savagery again then use all my skills and pop my ult for 5/5 ferocity again then land Savagery again and throw out every skill a second time. Does some decent hurting. Though I will say, they went overboard nerfing him. His kit is particularly difficult to balance properly, but I feel like a few things need to be touched up.
It got fixed last patch : (
Rengar players like me was using this trick all the time, now there is even less dmg output being in

Forever Dunking

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIronBeast View Post
Something I saw a lot of Rengar players doing before his nerfs were just blindly leaping into the thick of fights and taking out the ADC while all 5 people were on him and he'd have enough damage to take out the ADC quickly while also having enough sustain to keep himself alive long enough to be able to stealth and walk away before the rest of the team killed him. Now, people still try to play him this way and I watch people try to leap into a group of 5 and immediately get killed. No champion should be able to do that--that doesn't mean that I think Rengar is balanced because I have also noticed a shockingly low amount of people picking him and he almost always loses his lane or jungle. I don't particularly like Rengar and have no desire to play him but I accept the fact that others do. Therefor, yeah, I'd like him to have some balance changes to him so people will stop feeding because he's too weak.

TLDR He should be able to assassinate the enemy ADC but he shouldn't be able to do so by himself with the ADC's team surrounding them, so balance changes should be considered but his kit makes that hard to do.
Stoped reading here, Rengar cant use his ult twice fyi

Btw kha zix and vi can do the same thing, But stronger and Riot doesnt nerf these champions Wtf.

Oz SammyD X

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Dunking View Post
Stoped reading here, Rengar cant use his ult twice fyi

Btw kha zix and vi can do the same thing, But stronger and Riot doesnt nerf these champions Wtf.
They nerfed Kha'Zix, Vi just got nerfed on the PBE, but no where near the amount Rengar was nerfed, Riot just don't know how to lower a stat slightly till they get it just right they just simply nerf EVERYTHING or they nerf one thing by a lot, for example something does 200 damage and needs nerf? Instead of taking away 10 to see if that's okay they take away 100 making it useless.

Hadric Italia

02-28-2013

Agreed.

Troy242621

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Dunking View Post
It got fixed last patch : (
Rengar players like me was using this trick all the time, now there is even less dmg output being in
Why Riot,....