Rengar current state

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

01-14-2013

someone said riot has plans for him? yeah just like all the other stealth champs, nerf the hell out of them because people dont buy pinks

fastplay

01-14-2013

@Forever Dunking sorry but I think it funny you want him un nerfed so bad that most is a given that he be back to he old self when he got over buff.

I would like to seen maybe one to two think you say but it more of Battle Roar ( W ) Bonus Armor & Magic Resistance: 20/30/40/50/60 and his ult. I will say this if he have his Savagery ( Q ) buff he would be overpower. The old rengar that got way over buff had that q and that was the most overpowering part of him because it was only two hit to kill anyone that not a tank. I was they would bring back the old rengar before he got over buffed.

ChampAtog

01-14-2013

Riot said they overnerfed Rengar while they work on a fix, the reason they did this was because League is a competitive game, and having the champion you like be a dominant force in the game isn't as important as making sure champions aren't granting an unfair advantage in tournament. Season 3 brought a LOT of major changes to a lot of champions, and the metagame is still adjusting. Rengar was a major dominant force in League before, and now he's a weak pick, but that doesn't change the fact that champions like Evelynn and Miss Fortune exist (almost 80% ban rate on Eve, 58% winrate on MF) that need to be dealt with, and need to take priority over people wanting their champion to be stronk again. Let Riot fix the major problems with the League, then when there aren't roflstompers like Eve and MF running around they can worry about the state of Rengar (just like they did with Eve and Twitch before the stealth rework)

VooDoo18

01-14-2013

I agree that Rengar needs something done. I started playing him before the last nerf and loved him!! Now every time i try using him i get owned. Dose not matter if i go jungle or top.

Forever Dunking

01-16-2013

well kinda got fixed by the fact he has flat health and his ult got buffed a little, but imo I still thinks he deserves dmg buff on his q

Forever Dunking

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplay View Post
@Forever Dunking sorry but I think it funny you want him un nerfed so bad that most is a given that he be back to he old self when he got over buff.

I would like to seen maybe one to two think you say but it more of Battle Roar ( W ) Bonus Armor & Magic Resistance: 20/30/40/50/60 and his ult. I will say this if he have his Savagery ( Q ) buff he would be overpower. The old rengar that got way over buff had that q and that was the most overpowering part of him because it was only two hit to kill anyone that not a tank. I was they would bring back the old rengar before he got over buffed.
Meanwhile, kha zix 2 shots the tank. And can poke.
Yeah this is fair..

1TS1

01-29-2013

I've recently just got into playing Rengar, never played him during his "OP days", but these are my short observations.

I think overall both his survivability and damage gets out classed by almost all regular top laners. His early to late game is pretty much the same. He doesn't really out scale anyone in terms of damage or defense at any point. Coupled with the fact that his health regen is so low, you can easily get forced back with pokes in top lane.

His jungle is bad to begin with, but gets better. I need to back a lot sooner than other regular junglers. He can't really counter jungle unless you have double buffs and they have none. His ganking isn't too bad, especially with his ult up.

alfavhunter

01-29-2013

a proper buff for rengar is this

rengars R now also loses delay as it levels

at level 1 it has the full delay
at level 2 it only has the base delay of 1 second
at level 3 the delay is gone

this lets his ult feel like a real ult again, wihtout having the get out of gank free card he had in early laning that made it op (and this will buff all rengar plays without making his damage or mobility to strong, while making his ult, feel ultimate again at level 3)

W's ARM and MR increased by 5 at all ranks and deal 50% more damage to minions / jungle mobs (jungle buff)

3. rengars base armor increased by 5 (primary jungle buff, but will slightly improve laning)

range on E increased form 575 to 600

rengar is now perfectly fine self wise, now for his item

1. remove the base damage bonus (the +5 damage)
2. make his 9 troughies base line benefit
3. the new 9 troughies benefitt would be this
-when rengar pounces on an enemy they are revealed for 4 seconds (even to his allies), this makes rengar able to punce an enemy who is stealthed with his ult, and still attack them

rengar is now viable, and his item is now useful in both jungle and lane due to the fact that it iproves his leap range, and gives damage per level with 0 troughies (ps i know i cant spell sorry)

Junkillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebaca View Post
I remember when people said rengar wasn't op or broken and then he dominated in every tourny, and that is when he got nerfed hard.... also just to let you know he is already being semi remade again the reason he was broken before is because he was too tanky for the burst and escape potential he had..... no other champ could insta gip the adc out of no where and still be tanky enough to handle the rest of the team....

i also hate how people say he isnt viable right now he is still very good just all the rengar fanboys want the uberness back that he had before the nerfs... he can still do decent in top but his place is now the jungle and if you play him like he was meant to (which was maxing q) then you will have no issue taking out targets
Ok, you are saying like "who other champion can instakill adc and then handle de rest of the team?". Well you have the answer: Tryndamere, evelynn, akali, katarina, talon, warwick, wukong, xin zhaon, lee sin, kha, shaco and many others. The point with rengar is that once he appears and the adc is killed or he survived, he has no resistance. The others I mention had other escape tools like jumping, shielding, teleporting to other enemy/ally unit, insta stealth (in case of shaco, kha, talon, akali).

So... Rengar needs a buFF!

SlyPenguin0

01-30-2013

I don't think Rengar is "useless" but I do think he needs a slight tweak in damage. He does feel a little weak at the moment. I'd like to compare him to Vi as an example.
RENGAR BASE STATS
HP 435 (+85) HP REGEN 4.0 (+0.4)
MANA N/A
AD 55 (+3) AS 0.679 (+2.85%)
ARMOR 16 (+3.5) MR 30 (+1.25)
MOV. SPEED 345 RANGE 125

VI BASE STATS
HP 440 (+85) HP REGEN 7.5 (+0.9)
MANA 220 (+45) MANA REGEN 7.0 (+0.65)
AD 55 (+3.5) AS 0.643 (+2.5%)
ARMOR 16 (+3.5) MR 30 (+1.25)
MOV. SPEED 350 RANGE 125

The game classifies Rengar as a "melee stealth fighter jungler" but not an assassin. Vi is a "melee fighter". Vi has more base HP, HP Regen, Move Speed, and AD scaling. Rengar has slightly more attack speed; that is it.

Abilities
Vi has a built in shield in her passive versus Rengar's bush leap. While the leap is amazing, Vi will have more health in a trade. Vi's Q has a max range of 725 while Rengar's passive has a range of 600. Vi's Q hits everyone it passes through and applies Denting Blows which is a built in 20% armor reduction. Rengar's leap does no damage. Vi's Q, at max level and full charge, does 340 base damage plus 140% bonus AD. Rengar's Q does 150 base plus 100% AD and gives him 50% AS buff. Rengar's Q at 5 stacks is 150 base plus 200% AD and 100% AS buff.
Vi's W is a built in Armor pen and AS steroid. It does 10% of target's max health plus 1% per 35 bonus AD Vi has and gives a 50% AS buff every 3rd attack on the same target (also applied by Q). Rengar's W does 170 magic damage, scales off AP, and give him a 43 armor & MR for 3 seconds. At 5 stacks it also heals Rengar, but it is a trade off for not using another 5 stack ability.
Vi's E does 65 base plus 115% AD (and 70% AP) to the target and all enemies in a cone behind them. Rengar's E slows a single target by 70% that decays over 2.5 seconds and does 240 base damage plus 70% bonus AD. At 5 stacks it immobilizes.
Vi's R has a 700 range, again farther than Rengar's 600, makes her immune to CC, deals damage to all enemies she passes through, immobilizes the target for 1.5 seconds, and does 450 base plus 140% bonus AD damage to the target and 375 base plus 105% bonus AD to all enemies she passes through. Rengar's R gives him stealth after a short delay, a 30% move speed increase, and ferocity every .75 seconds.

Vi has WAY better AoE damage, built in armor reduction, similar AS steroid, and farther range.

Here is a simple situation for an example, not including armor calculations. Vi and Rengar have no masteries or runes, are both 18 and have only a fully stacked BT. They are going to gank the top lane from the river bush. Vi has 218 AD while Rengar as 209.

Vi connects a fully charged, over 600 range Q (from the bush or after leaving the bush while charging), for 598 damage, applies Denting Blows (20% armor reduction) to target champion and any others hit, knocks it back for a slight stun, and grants herself a shield for 3 seconds. Immediately after, in the same second, she lands an E'd auto attack for 316 damage that also hits all enemies in a cone behind the champion. That's 914 damage, a slight stun, and a 20% armor reduction for her ally that is attacking all at once(it would be more because of armor pen). If he flashes, she can immediately ult, uninterrupted, for 590 damage to the champion and 480 to anyone else in the way (and possible land another E for 316 damage).

Rengar can leap out of the bush at 600 range or for a split second after leaving the bush. He does no damage to the champion or anyone in the way. He hits with a Q for 359 and in the same second a bola for 310 and slows them by 70%. That's 669 damage, 2 ferocity stacks, and a 70%, decaying over time, slow. No armor pen, no aoe, no health shield, and 245 less damage than Vi. If they flash, Rengar can ult and after a second, if not taking minion damage, try and leap 600 range to the target and W them for 170 damage. No 1.5 second immobilize, not instant, 150 less range, and 420 less damage than Vi's. If Rengar started the bush gank with 5 stacks, he could possibly do 568 on first Q and 359 immediately after on the 2nd Q for 927. But it's still 150 less range, no stun, no armor reduction, 13 more damage than Vi, and no damage to anyone else. You also probably wouldn't get the bola off if they flashed.

All this is also giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're in a bush. Vi can do hers without one and even through walls.

That was a lot of typing. I'm sorry. Rengar is in no way useless, but I do think he needs a slight tweak and Vi might need some toning down. Thanks.
SlyPenguin0 out.