Confusion of green wards and sightstones wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilbryan590

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Basically... With the implementation of this new item I feel there should be some easier ways for active wards with this item to be seen... since I often have to ask myself:

"Do I have 2/3 wards up?" "Can I put another one down?" "Was the one I put down a green or from my sightstone?" etc... Basically it's more complicated then it should be >.<.. As well I don't want to feel punished just because I put a ward down too soon or didn't have another active ward up because I forgot how many wards I had active between the green wards and the active wards for sightstone..

So... The simplest way I feel would be to replace the "number of wards you have" buff with a "number of wards you have active" buff... Because I feel players have trouble more with wards you currently have active rather then wards you have total..

OR... Possibily just impliment another buff for this.. though it would take up a bit of space (two buff icons for one item) >.>

You could also make the active item icon for ruby sightstone show wards available and the buffs show active wards... or vice versa.

Just throwing this idea out there. Yay or nay?

chzyken

12-24-2012

Or just make sight stone wards a different color in game. Since they are valued differently I feel like it should be considered a different ward

Fizz ln My Mouth

12-27-2012

Yesss that would be useful. I often play with teleport as support so I go B a lot, and I'm like "**** which wards did I put down with my stone..." and sometimes its hard to tell if you even had any out at all and they weren't just someone elses', because your count goes back up at the fountain. >.o

systoll

12-27-2012

I'd rather have it indicate which ward is slated for premature death on the minimap whenever you're 'aiming' the ward placement. Usually I can keep track just fine, but when I forget, I usually need to be told *which* ward is dying.

XxPoN3DxX

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbryan590 View Post
Basically... With the implementation of this new item I feel there should be some easier ways for active wards with this item to be seen... since I often have to ask myself:

"Do I have 2/3 wards up?" "Can I put another one down?" "Was the one I put down a green or from my sightstone?" etc... Basically it's more complicated then it should be >.<.. As well I don't want to feel punished just because I put a ward down too soon or didn't have another active ward up because I forgot how many wards I had active between the green wards and the active wards for sightstone..

So... The simplest way I feel would be to replace the "number of wards you have" buff with a "number of wards you have active" buff... Because I feel players have trouble more with wards you currently have active rather then wards you have total..

OR... Possibily just impliment another buff for this.. though it would take up a bit of space (two buff icons for one item) >.>

You could also make the active item icon for ruby sightstone show wards available and the buffs show active wards... or vice versa.

Just throwing this idea out there. Yay or nay?
in being a support player myself, there is always key locations that i keep warded, and i use the sight stone for the river only, where i need to have map awarnes always. so use it in the bot between bot bush and tri bush, and the 2nd in the middle of the river in front of drag. there you go, you know where you're wards are, and when it gets to mid game, use the 3rd one to extend youre line of vision into the enemy jungle when you are baroning or draging.

if you place all the wards at the same time, when one is going to dye they all will, so just replace them a few seconds before they expire