Painkillar's 101ish Nifty Tips to Counter Dominion Gimmicks and Raise Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painkillar

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
That Rammus section is basically the fantasy of a deranged manchild, a treatise on how PECs *would* deal with Rammus if they were able to in the slightest.
Reporting Konf for not using a proper upercase "S" in PECS. Also, adding him to be blamed for all double standards Painkillar commits by writing a guide and then not putting what he says into practice during a game.

konfetarius

12-27-2012

That Fiora on Talon gank is still the greatest thing I ever saw.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Rammus isn't up to dress to be in the club, body block him to keep him from getting to your squishies if you are tankyish.
LMAO this is about the best thing I've ever read...maybe it's because I'm probably one of the few black people who play LoL xD

Painkillar

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
That Fiora on Talon gank is still the greatest thing I ever saw.
LIESSSS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_T67...ature=youtu.be

Kholdstare13

12-28-2012

You forgot the part where the enemy already knows this because it's common sense, and your team is a bunch of morons who insist on rushing top single file to feed no matter how much you tell them not to. This is the matchmaking scenario 100% of the time, and elo can never improve because of it. Being 1 good player can't dent the wall of elo hell that your 4 random scrub teammates always form.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
You forgot the part where the enemy already knows this because it's common sense, and your team is a bunch of morons who insist on rushing top single file to feed no matter how much you tell them not to. This is the matchmaking scenario 100% of the time, and elo can never improve because of it. Being 1 good player can't dent the wall of elo hell that your 4 random scrub teammates always form.
And...I'm pretty sure you're awesome and that's why you get grouped with teammates like this. No, really.

Then again, you might just be one of those "4 random scrubs" you're talking about.

Painkillar

12-28-2012

Quote:
Elo hell does not exist. What you should do instead of blaming your teammates is focusing on what you should do to carry harder.

Case and point, i recently had a game where my teamates were beyond frustrating (since mm sometimes puts very low elo with the highest elo to counterbalance our q times into not being 1 hour per pop).

Long story short i had to get 29 kills, few deaths, defended turrets as the one man platoon, captured multiple turrets, pinged my teammates where i wanted an ambush, ganked bot to make sure he didn't constantly lose it; and despite all of this we only won by 50 points.

Now if i had not been able to do all of that, that match which was a win would have resulted in a loss, giving me an elo minus instead of an elo plus.

That is the difference between people who get themselves out of elo hell, as compared to people who constantly complain about ops, their teammates, matchmaking, riot, fortune cookies, etc; who always seem to be stuck in elo hell.

I'm not trying to be rude, or claim that i'm better than anyone by saying this. i get frustrated in some games and get upset at my teamates, as well as do dumb stuff in matches that i shouldn't. However, that is my fault. Not my teammates. Even at high elo i'm constantly watching people above and below my elo to find new tricks i can learn, since no one ever masters anything completely and sometimes low elos will throw an ingenious curve-ball into the match that i will sometimes incorporate into my own strategy.

All i can do is improve and carry harder, as should you.

Kholdstare13

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Elo hell does not exist. What you should do instead of blaming your teammates is focusing on what you should do to carry harder.

Case and point, i recently had a game where my teamates were beyond frustrating (since mm sometimes puts very low elo with the highest elo to counterbalance our q times into not being 1 hour per pop).

Long story short i had to get 29 kills, few deaths, defended turrets as the one man platoon, captured multiple turrets, pinged my teammates where i wanted an ambush, ganked bot to make sure he didn't constantly lose it; and despite all of this we only won by 50 points.

Now if i had not been able to do all of that, that match which was a win would have resulted in a loss, giving me an elo minus instead of an elo plus.

That is the difference between people who get themselves out of elo hell, as compared to people who constantly complain about ops, their teammates, matchmaking, riot, fortune cookies, etc; who always seem to be stuck in elo hell.

I'm not trying to be rude, or claim that i'm better than anyone by saying this. i get frustrated in some games and get upset at my teamates, as well as do dumb stuff in matches that i shouldn't. However, that is my fault. Not my teammates. Even at high elo i'm constantly watching people above and below my elo to find new tricks i can learn, since no one ever masters anything completely and sometimes low elos will throw an ingenious curve-ball into the match that i will sometimes incorporate into my own strategy.

All i can do is improve and carry harder, as should you.

I think my problem is that I play team-dependent champions too often at an elo where most people aren't team-focused. Dominion is a heavy bruiser's game, but I try to avoid them. When you're the squishiest on your team, you need to base your positioning around the rest of your team, but when all 3 of the other top laners make a b-line for the easiest kill and either die or all run past and ignore the enemy bruiser who can easily lock down and kill me in a 1v1, I don't have much for options, especially when they are full of gap closers and I have no speed/kite to try and waste their time on a chase.

Trying to focus on a higher level strategy when both teams just want to click, faceroll, kill tends to just leave me stranded.

And I still want to know about the elo thing. Is dominion separate from other modes or linked? The few times I have gone to SR it really feels far too easy.

Das Strychnine

12-30-2012

Quote:
I think my problem is that I play team-dependent champions too often at an elo where most people aren't team-focused. Dominion is a heavy bruiser's game, but I try to avoid them. When you're the squishiest on your team, you need to base your positioning around the rest of your team, but when all 3 of the other top laners make a b-line for the easiest kill and either die or all run past and ignore the enemy bruiser who can easily lock down and kill me in a 1v1, I don't have much for options, especially when they are full of gap closers and I have no speed/kite to try and waste their time on a chase.

Trying to focus on a higher level strategy when both teams just want to click, faceroll, kill tends to just leave me stranded.

And I still want to know about the elo thing. Is dominion separate from other modes or linked? The few times I have gone to SR it really feels far too easy.

Pro tip: Your team shouldn't really have more than 1 or 2 Bruisers and if you have 3-5 bruisers you're going to have a hard time vs any decent balanced team. Optimal team comp is 1 Tank/Initiator (Amumu/Malphite, 1 Bruiser ( J4/Wukong/Vi/Pantheon) 1 Ranged AP (Brand/Teemo/Kassadin) 1 Random (Usually AD Carry is best but due to recent meta an Assassin like Talon or Eve is probably better now) and 1 Bot lane champion.

Yes Maam Kablam

12-30-2012

Good guide, could use more dick jokes

Also, can I suggest adding a section on how to beat Heimer bot? Lots of mid/low elos don't know that he's actually really easy to beat and just get poked to death because what the hell is ganking bot?