Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How Do You Rate the Council's Performance?

The Council does a satisfying amount of reviews. 9 37.5%
The Council does not do enough reviews. 5 20.83%
Reviews done by the Council are helpful/insightful. 12 50%
Reviews done by the Council are not helpful. 3 12.5%
I approve of the Council’s Review-for-a-Review policy. 14 58.33%
I do not approve of the Council’s Review-for-a-Review Policy. 2 8.33%
The Council has provided me with reliable guides/resources. 9 37.5%
The Council should provide more guides/resources. 6 25%
I like the Council’s champion design template. 6 25%
I do not like the Council’s design template. 6 25%
Council-run AMA threads are insightful and erudite. 6 25%
Council-run AMA threads are inept and ill-informed. 2 8.33%
Council members are polite and professional. 11 45.83%
Council members are not polite and professional. 4 16.67%
Quality of the forum has improved under the Council. 9 37.5%
Quality of the forum has not improved/has declined. 2 8.33%
I feel that I can turn to the Council for reliable help. 11 45.83%
I do not feel that the Council is qualified to help me. 4 16.67%
The Council is too formal; they should be more casual with the community. 6 25%
The Council is too casual; they should be more formal with the community. 1 4.17%
Knowing Council members’ backgrounds would help me value their input. 10 41.67%
I would not benefit from getting to know Council members personally. 4 16.67%
The Council has helped me grow as a Champion conceptualist. 8 33.33%
The Council has not helped me grow as a Champion conceptualist. 2 8.33%
My overall impression of the Council’s performance is positive. 17 70.83%
My overall impression of the Council’s performance is negative. 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 24 .

[Survey:] Rate Your Council!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

12-27-2012

Random question I've been wondering about: Why don't people outside the council upvote on this board? It's weird; I've counted and there are approximately 3 upvotes I've found on all the threads I've read on this board which I can't trace back to myself or which can't be explained by a positive review from a council member. Is it the impermenancy of the ideas? People afraid they'll show approval of something only to have it change?

BergMeister

12-27-2012

The issue is Dzanio, we don't have a focus because we understand the reality that Riot is not going to take our champions, they've made that clear, our focus became more to improve the quality of champions being posted on the forums for those of us who do have the goal to become champion designers, artists, and the likes. This was a more realistic goal that brought us forward rather than digressing into "Why won't you take our ideas" and losing our good standing with Riot and the sanctity of these forums. People not being happy with what the forums had to offer ultimately led to the cataclysm in my opinion. Our new goal with the words of Ames is what saved them and created a more creative atmosphere rather than a dog eat dog world.

Dzanio

12-27-2012

Quote:
BergMeister:
The issue is Dzanio, we don't have a focus because we understand the reality that Riot is not going to take our champions, they've made that clear, our focus became more to improve the quality of champions being posted on the forums for those of us who do have the goal to become champion designers, artists, and the likes. This was a more realistic goal that brought us forward rather than digressing into "Why won't you take our ideas" and losing our good standing with Riot and the sanctity of these forums. People not being happy with what the forums had to offer ultimately led to the cataclysm in my opinion. Our new goal with the words of Ames is what saved them and created a more creative atmosphere rather than a dog eat dog world.

Ok, how can we foster this creative atmosphere? There are people who have come to terms with the situation (accurate from what I can tell) as you describe it, but the majority of people on the forum are not in the current age.

BergMeister

12-27-2012

Its a very difficult area to tackle for the reason that there are a many of us who are high in their dreams that the magical gods called Riot will swoop down and take their creation which must be a billion times better than anything Riot was thinking of and anything else on these forums and place it into the game unaltered or slightly altered. With champions that come out that are similar to ones that are on these forums that difficulty of making people realize this is no more a creative community and not a development team raise through the roof. Vi looked a lot like Misha, in a perfect world we would be happy that maybe our voice was heard, and we would go on about our business and keep making champions for the pure purpose of personal development of us all as artists in our own crafts. there are those in the forums who have not woken up from the age of cataclysm, which is part of the goal of council to become a bigger name and respected by the majority of our community and understand this concept. There isn't a whole lot we can do without ruining the sanctity of these forums in terms of forcing people to come to terms with this. To do so would be against council's very beliefs. We don't want to dictate, we just want to foster growth and understanding, We can encourage people to stop making champions for riot, and just make cool champions within the boundaries of possibility in league of legends, but we cannot and have no right to stop them if thats what they choose to do. Raging and trolling is a different story, these acts are malicious and ruin the experience of those who enter, saying Hey Riot look at this! <Insert Good/Bad/Ugly Champion> is not.

Poeta Somnium

12-27-2012

Quote:
Dzanio:
Ok, how can we foster this creative atmosphere? There are people who have come to terms with the situation (accurate from what I can tell) as you describe it, but the majority of people on the forum are not in the current age.

There's nothing wrong with optimism; if the prospect of having Riot look at your concept is the force that drives you to create and iterate and learn and evolve, we approve. In all sincerity, good luck with that. If it is your passion and your dream to design a champion so flawless that it is accepted by Riot, then go for it. Balls to the wall. No prisoners. Design your ass off. And if we have something to offer that can help you on your journey, all the better.

Is it a castle in the sky? Yep. The chances are infinitesimal. Lots of legal hangups and such. Not only that, but why would Riot pay a team of designers hundreds of thousands of dollars a year when they could simply pluck designs from our forum? It isn't feasible.

We can explain to the community that their chances are slim to nil, bury them in a mountain of logic against the possibility, but what's the point of discouraging people? My goal here is to teach, my hope is for others to learn. What you aspire to do with the knowledge provided is your business; I ask only that you wield such power in the name of good!

People come to this forum for different reasons. Most people say they spend hours and hours tinkering with champion concepts because it's "fun," but that is a very broad term has a different meaning to everybody; some enjoy the artistic expression in an unconventional media, other do it for the more analytical numeric and balance aspect, others still have their own reasons that are more personal, more specific. And of course, there are those who's only ambition is to make a champion that gets approved by Riot.

None of these reasons is a "wrong" reason.

Random algebra example. Let's say I'm your math teacher, and I want you to solve the following equation; (4x-1)(x+6)=0

X could be 0.25. It could also be -6, depending on which end of the problem you decided to work from. Do I care which answer you put down? Nope. Do I care how you got your answer? Nope. You got the right answer. How or why you did it doesn't matter to me; the end result is that you paid attention in class, you grew in the discipline I sought to teach you, and that's all I could ask for. ^_^

BergMeister

12-27-2012

I may have to stand down on this one, Poet is more right than I am, which is why hes the words guy and I'm the creative th--damn it poet, you might beat me on that too... :P

Poeta Somnium

12-27-2012

Quote:
BergMeister:
I may have to stand down on this one, Poet is more right than I am, which is why hes the words guy and I'm the creative th--damn it poet, you might beat me on that too... :P

If it's any consolation, I am terrible at board games, with the exception of chess. If ever you need to establish superiority over me Berg, you need only challenge me to a game of Monopoly and I will be promptly humbled. XD

BergMeister

12-27-2012

This might be an even match. To express more poor luck at all types of games. I taught my girlfriend the wonderful card game of Egyptian Ratscrew, or better known as Slaps. And within a week she was better at it than I was.

Poeta Somnium

12-31-2012

New Year's bump!

Lyria Eternal

01-01-2013

Council Bump