How Do You Rate the Council's Performance?

The Council does a satisfying amount of reviews. 9 37.50%
The Council does not do enough reviews. 5 20.83%
Reviews done by the Council are helpful/insightful. 12 50.00%
Reviews done by the Council are not helpful. 3 12.50%
I approve of the Councilís Review-for-a-Review policy. 14 58.33%
I do not approve of the Councilís Review-for-a-Review Policy. 2 8.33%
The Council has provided me with reliable guides/resources. 9 37.50%
The Council should provide more guides/resources. 6 25.00%
I like the Councilís champion design template. 6 25.00%
I do not like the Councilís design template. 6 25.00%
Council-run AMA threads are insightful and erudite. 6 25.00%
Council-run AMA threads are inept and ill-informed. 2 8.33%
Council members are polite and professional. 11 45.83%
Council members are not polite and professional. 4 16.67%
Quality of the forum has improved under the Council. 9 37.50%
Quality of the forum has not improved/has declined. 2 8.33%
I feel that I can turn to the Council for reliable help. 11 45.83%
I do not feel that the Council is qualified to help me. 4 16.67%
The Council is too formal; they should be more casual with the community. 6 25.00%
The Council is too casual; they should be more formal with the community. 1 4.17%
Knowing Council membersí backgrounds would help me value their input. 10 41.67%
I would not benefit from getting to know Council members personally. 4 16.67%
The Council has helped me grow as a Champion conceptualist. 8 33.33%
The Council has not helped me grow as a Champion conceptualist. 2 8.33%
My overall impression of the Councilís performance is positive. 17 70.83%
My overall impression of the Councilís performance is negative. 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

[Survey:] Rate Your Council!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

12-26-2012

I figured that I should toss in some feedback. While I myself don't lean towards you guys for help most of the time (I tend to do my own thang peacefully in my hermit's cave. You know, the one over there in the corner, covered in sand), I try to keep up to date on what champs you review and such and, from my perspective, you guys seem to be doing a great job. Most of you are all fairly active, the reviews you give out to people make sense (when I read them at least) and seem to be helpful to the people you give these reviews to. The place has certainly been funner since you guys showed up. So, in short, you guys are doing a fine job. Keep up the good work!

Also, I'm surprised my history thread is catching on elsewhere O__-

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

The history thread was rather enlightening, while I may not be long here, the history truly helped me understand the ground I stand upon and why I cannot abuse the fact of being council. I would not want to see the forum fall back into the dark ages, or the cataclysm if you would. I hope council is serving its community well, I joined because I wanted to see our community grow stronger. I once swam in the hell of general chat forums.....I would NEVER want to see that happen here.

NobSaiboot

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
...yeur...yeur...yeu...Yeu'll
What YOU said what very well thought out but who the hell taught YOU how to spell "YOU?" :3

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
What YOU said what very well thought out but who the hell taught YOU how to spell "YOU?" :3
You'll never convince Kat of this, It is her trademark.

NobSaiboot

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
You'll never convince Kat of this, It is her trademark.
Alright...I'm the idiot :/

BergMeister

12-27-2012

I didn't say that, Kat just refuses to say "you"

NobSaiboot

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergMeister View Post
I didn't say that, Kat just refuses to say "you"
Never said you did :3

Katsuni

12-27-2012

Not 100% entirely true; I'll use "you" properly if it's official work. If I'm on my own time though, then no =P

Dzanio

12-27-2012

Quote:
Oh trust me... we've tried... oh how we've tried ;_;

From an entire section of my guide listing how to review and why, including how to accept criticism, to the previous council's attempts to encourage people to suggest OTHER people's designs, we've tried. There's been so many attempts, and yet, sadly, we still get stuck with people like Nhan Fiction, who will never, ever, help anyone, and will only spam their own stuff begging for reviews in the most inappropriate of places. Nhan, in particular, is pretty much the #1 cause of so much disillusionment that the last council fell apart and pretty much all it's members, save myself, lost so much hope that they quit the forum entirely.

The self centered, greedy and egotistical population, especially during the "age of cataclysm", as it's been called, (personally I'd have used dark age, but whotever =P ) has shown that it's very hard to get anyone to act in the interests of anyone other than themselves.
I just find it odd that this board has such problems with it; the items board is relatively stable; the front page updates approximately once a day in its entirety. Most posts get 800+ views, and a lot of feedback/commentary. They don't have a dedicated group of people trying to improve the board, but the board is organized, and important topics seem to just naturally float to the top.

I think part of the problem is just that this board really doesn't have a focus; it's not about developement, it's about personal ambition with people trying to get riot to see their ideas so they can get a free skin and brag to their friends. Never mind that their champion ideas are at best half hearted, incorporate no understanding of the game (half of the balance suggestions I see revolve around non-existant DotA 2 mechanics), and make no attempt to further the creative process or the league. Heck, 75% of new champions are rengar w/ a new name and even more overpowered abilities.

Quote:
In general, the people around here have a problem with associating cause and effect. If no one looks at anyone else's stuff, then no one will see yeur own stuff. Expecting everyone else to fawn over yeur half assed designs without returning the favour is simply not going to happen.

Toss in things like Nhan posting in inappropriate places (spamming their Kiya champion in every single post imaginable without even looking at the post, sometimes ending up being highly offensive in the process...), and a general attitude amongst many here of "why should I do anything for anyone else when I can just spam my **** instead?", it's remarkably difficult to get anyone to do much of anything to help out.

If we could get people to truly do reviews on their own, and not just a "review for a review" which mostly ends up just being single sentence "I like it, review mine" ****, it'd help the entire community out.

Trying to beat the concept into people that if they'd just do one or two reviews a week, it'd snowball very quickly and help their own designs out in turn, has been nearly impossible to achieve so far.

If yeu can pull it off somehow, and tap into the vast number of posters here, and get them to care about anyone other than themselves for a change, then it would probably be the single greatest achievement this forum has ever had.

So... good luck. Yeu'll needs it.

Yeah, not going to try it all on my own. Why not scrap review for a review if it's detrimental? Maybe refuse to review champions who don't add anything of their own to the league (or are in very early developement by someone asking for specific help)?

Basically if people have to buy into their own work more for it to get seen, we can then redirect them to other work on the site which has been balanced and start to build a community.

Dzanio

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
When you spend a lot of time reviewing idiots you have to troll a little bit in order to preserve your sanity.