@Morello: 2 years ago you said LeBlanc will be good when "tanky men are less popular"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurePowah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Dear Morello,

It’s been almost two years since I’ve originally created my first thread regarding LeBlanc. I decided maybe I was just 'adjusting' to the ‘AD Carry/Support Botlane’ meta and that maybe someone will find some crazy new meta where burst assassins are really strong. Well two years later it’s still the same meta, and LeBlanc still maintains a consistent low pick & win ratio.

Two years ago you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is exactly right. LeBlanc is good, but I do believe tough to get a lot out of when tanky men are so popular. When that is a little lower, I think she'll be extremely good.
I don’t want to quickly jump to conclusions but I feel like this meta is not going anywhere anytime soon. It also seems that Season 3 has only decreased the value of ap assassins & ap mages.

Why play mages when AD bruisers / assassins do everything they do but better? And with the recent Season 3 changes I feel like LeBlanc has never been in such a bad spot. The DFG has really hurt LeBlanc for one specific reason. The old DFG with a hat & sorcerer shoes vs. an AD Carry with 42 Mr could 100-0 them with DFG->Q->R->W & Ignite. The new DFG is only stronger if you can land the chains and get the full damage off of them. It’s very hard to 100-0 people out of position now because most AD Carries run cleanse and can cleanse + flash out of the chains, or sometimes they can react before you can cast the chains.

The new DFG requires LeBlanc to get the chains off to make up for the damage that was lost. The significantly hurt LeBlanc because she depended on catching people out of position with a quick 3 second assassination (DFG->Q->R->W and maybe ignite).

A long time ago Shurelia said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
She's being worked on to slightly tone down her early game and drastically improve her late.
I understand that Shurelia no longer works at Riot (?), however where the changes that she said scrapped upon her departure of Riot Games? I’ve been waiting for any changes that would hopefully change LeBlanc for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
She sort of has a binary nature by design... she's a single target caster-assassin.

We're trying to just normalize it a bit, but it will hard for her to fit a role competitively.

As for timeframe, I worked on it a little today. Classick had some suggestions of reducing her base damages slightly, increasing the APR slightly and giving her a percent magic pen passive on her ulti.
What about these changes? Were they also scrapped? I personally thought it would help her out, because it would make up for her weak passive. LeBlanc is supposed to be a deceiver, and her Mirror Image’s AI is very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
She's getting some small stuff next patch (testing permitting) to give her more reasons to mimic E. No more damage (since her burst is still exceptional), but some more teamfight utility.
I also really thought these were actually going to make it to live because it seemed like a great addition the her.

LeBlanc is notorious for having the “highest level 6 burst”, however after jaken55 @ Reddit did a number crunch on AP Midlane’s level 6 burst, it appears that LeBlanc no longer holds #1.

LeBlanc’s level 6 burst is an estimated 780, and Syndra’s is 905, almost 20% more.

I’m not going to discuss what needs to be done to balance LeBlanc, I tried that two years ago and it obviously did not work. I’m not here to argue whether or not she needs to be buffed / reworked. Whatever the case may be, something is wrong with this champion. I would appreciate it if you would shed some light on this topic, or even acknowledge her existence.

LeBlanc is my favorite character, however I feel she is completely outclassed and is in such a bad place after the Season 3 update. I don’t want to believe you have given up on this character because she’s the only reason I’ve stuck around this game so long.

TL;DR - Were the ideas you've tossed around years ago just empty ideas to keep LeBlanc players quite, or is there something in store for LeBlanc? These 'Season 3 changes' are destroying this character and I'm getting tired of waiting.. it's been two years now.

xystris

12-24-2012

I completely agree. Short of the low elo players saying she is competitive compared to the current ap mids to ad mids dominating which counters her in every way 12 minutes in; she has no playtime except for the unconventional support role.

PurePowah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

bump

Yasubro

12-24-2012

Dont try to pull something from two years ago out of context. Things change and he has already talked about leblanc recently.

PurePowah

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Arent David View Post
Dont try to pull something from two years ago out of context. Things change and he has already talked about leblanc recently.
Source?

Geluatrum

12-24-2012

Leblanc is really hard to balance, she is on a fine line between overpowered or overshadowed.

ICanDanceAllDae

12-24-2012

I started crying, she's a great champ. I love how jumpy she is. She is one of 3 casters that can rly jump around. Kassadin, leblanc, and ahri. But, Ahri is the only one that sees any play. It is kind of lame since u see shacos in pro play, and lee sin, and jax. So why shouldn't the casters the there?

xX iRust

12-24-2012

Bump riot ignores old champions for too long

Reedonidas

12-24-2012

Quote:
since u see shacos in pro play,
lol

Ogdain

12-24-2012

Assassins don't work? Weren't people screaming for Talon nerfs like last week?