Fan service for girls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solusn

12-24-2012

The art for female champions is one of the things that immediately turned me off the game when I first started. It makes me uncomfortable to know that the art for every female champion with ginormous boobs and impossibly tiny waist are meant to titillate more than show off the design.

Now don't get me wrong I love boobs just as much as any other person. It's not the boobs and butts that offends me but the blatant catering to male only. Out of all the champions the only one with looks that might be stereotypical boy band material is Ezreal. If you can have 30 big breasted female character with the same body type, can I have at least one skin with Ezreal or Twisted Fate or Varus in a arched back pose showing off their undoubtedly fine ass?

If LOL is too busy catering to teenage boys to create realistic female characters, I would like at least the same service. I want male champions in various state of undress in poses that are not meant to look empowering but meant to to titillate the female viewer. (Think underwear models, or Nightwing from batman comics, or better just copy a already existing pose from a female champion)

You might say this is too much to ask for, but all I want is fairness. Girls deserve fan service too.

TopDogJW

12-24-2012

Have to agree with you on this one.

Turtlerocket

12-24-2012

Junior Members
This is obviously not a subject you care enough about to post more than a hundred times about.

TheHobbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

first off I agree with you on this.

Second off, you want some fan service for the girls that play LoL?
Take a look at this Garen skin. Basically its Garen wearing nothing but a towel.
Unprepared Garen.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2002829

It has gotten 2000 up votes, so Riot should make it... shouldn't they...?

DingoRabiit

12-24-2012

There is no "eyecandy" for female players except for maybe ezreal or garen/etc

But they are fully clothed.
Then theirs the champions like Tryndamere, Who have no shirt on, Well hey, Thats not sexy, Lots of guys dont wear shirts.

The game is FLOODED with sexual innuendo towards the female characters, Even the "redone artwork" is MOCKED for "amplifying clevage"
Morgana, Ashe, MF

And Majority of female champions have Compleatley unrealistic armor, Who the hell is going to attack morgana in the breast-AND NO WHERE ELSE, She is wearning nothing but a tatterd dress bottom and a metal brazzier!.

What the hell!, I can understand certain things like "well those Gladiators in Rome wore close to nothing to increse mobility" or "the spartans didnt wear armour because the shield covered the whole body"

But cr@p like Shin guards+wrist guards, Then a thong and bikini= Female armour?!

How about the thighs!, Or arms/ waist!, All of those get struck more often than shins and forearms would!

AND WHY IS NEARLY NOBODY WEARING HELMETS!
THE AMROUR IN THIS GAME SEEMS TO BE NOTHING MORE THAN CLOTHES FOR *** APPEAL

Luscious Lenny

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoRabiit View Post
There is no "eyecandy" for female players except for maybe ezreal or garen/etc

But they are fully clothed.
Then theirs the champions like Tryndamere, Who have no shirt on, Well hey, Thats not sexy, Lots of guys dont wear shirts.

The game is FLOODED with sexual innuendo towards the female characters, Even the "redone artwork" is MOCKED for "amplifying clevage"
Morgana, Ashe, MF

And Majority of female champions have Compleatley unrealistic armor, Who the hell is going to attack morgana in the breast-AND NO WHERE ELSE, She is wearning nothing but a tatterd dress bottom and a metal brazzier!.

What the hell!, I can understand certain things like "well those Gladiators in Rome wore close to nothing to increse mobility" or "the spartans didnt wear armour because the shield covered the whole body"

But cr@p like Shin guards+wrist guards, Then a thong and bikini= Female armour?!

How about the thighs!, Or arms/ waist!, All of those get struck more often than shins and forearms would!

AND WHY IS NEARLY NOBODY WEARING HELMETS!
THE AMROUR IN THIS GAME SEEMS TO BE NOTHING MORE THAN CLOTHES FOR *** APPEAL
l2 varus

Shadowed Ruby

12-25-2012

I agree that one of the first things I noticed, and was disgusted by, when I first played league was the sexualization of every strumpet that wasn't a yordle or a small child. I enjoyed the game enough to stay, but fairness in sexy poses, or lets make some female champions with realistic armor and proportions. Have you looked at Sorceress Lux? She may as well be death's door anorexic.

Candidumbra

12-25-2012

I agree much so. Amazingly the armies of kids screaming "STFU BOOBIES!!" hasn't arrived yet...

Nobody's saying boobs are bad and shouldn't be around. Of course they should be. But it shouldn't be virtually EVERY female. Diversity is the way to go.

Hell, why not even through in some straight up just ugly women? It makes the art a bit more convincing all-round. These are video game characters after all. You're here to play a game, not date the champions. And playing a game with more than low-brow female art is always nice.

Shockodile

12-25-2012

Hell yeah! Bring on the diverse ladies! Tall, short, thin, large, animal, human, young, and old, drop the template for a bit and make some DIFFERENT ladies! It's such a shame that their body shapes (and some armor designs, I mean really, boob armor? How impractical) are so boring and lame because all of Riot's ladies have AMAZING back story and lore. They're all badasses! ... But they all have the exact same body type with "sexiness" as a first or second priority, regardless of their line of work.

It just winds up seeming like they're using the same body type over and over, playing it safe on the side of "okay" rather than tossing in something new and taking the chance for "awesome".

Shannon Dragamor

12-26-2012

Ladies, ladies. I think you're all forgetting about Gragas...