It's taking all I have . . .

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vensaval

04-11-2013

To not just go on a raging tirade about this nonsensical outcry against the price changes. The level of tunnel vision I'm seeing just astounds me.

People going so far as to compare Riot to EA and Capcom? Are you kidding me?

Everyone denounces the fact that out of all the price changes, 75% of them were decreases in price. Yet, people still call Riot greedy and continue to hop on all of these stupid bandwagons.

Quick to say they lowered the prices of the "crappy" ones and raised the prices of the "good" ones. You have no right to say that. It's entirely subjective. You can't make generalizing statements to make yourself sound or feel right.

Am I interested in skins like Sad Robot Amumu, Glacial Malphite, Steel Legion Garen, etc.? Personally, no.

Am I interested in skins like Midnight Ahri, Acolyte Lee Sin, Boneclaw Shyvana, Aviator Ireliea, etc.? Personally, yes.

It's all subjective. Just because you don't feel as though a skin is worth a certain value does not mean that "everyone" agrees with you. Especially Riot who based these prices on what they personally feel as a company are of a certain quality.

They made the business decision to increase the prices of a few skins and decrease the prices of a relatively large amount. How dare you act ungrateful and spout all this nonsense when they, while there was nothing in it for them, would do such small things as to even give Sakura and Traditional Karma relaunch skins proper dresses even though doing so was a more tedious and difficult process just because they wanted to make the community happy.

Riot has done so many things right by us over the years and you're going to lose faith in them over a perfectly logical business decision that, in the grand scheme of things, has incredibly little impact on you, as a consumer?

People like you all piss me off to no end. All of this is childish and moronic.

Edit: Riot has admitted their mistake regarding the promise of Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. So they have agreed to not increase the price on that item. That's one less skin that will be getting an increase in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey all,

So we made a mistake with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks where we didn’t take into account our previous promises – for that we apologize and we’ve decided not to increase the price of Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. He will remain permanently (for real this time) on sale for 975 RP.

The rest of the changes will proceed as scheduled. Here are my thoughts:

• These changes are about providing more transparency and fairness in how skins are priced, and doing so with sufficient notice to prepare.
  • As before, the majority of skins will be released at 975, and we will continue to push the envelope of quality at each tier.
  • This isn’t about making Riot more money. The 79 skin prices that are being lowered actually produce more sales than the 17 that are being increased.
  • There will be more 750 skins released this year than 1350 skins, including five very cool 750 skins before the end of June...

As with other eCommerce initiatives in the past several months (champion price changes, rune page sales, self service refunds, gifting, legacy skin sale), this change was intended to make things better for players, not worse. As always, we are open to constructive feedback!

-Hippalus

Vensaval

04-11-2013

Bump just to get my voice heard even though tons of downvotes are expected.

Johnwiddin

04-11-2013

They certainly don't need you to defend them.

Bryy

04-11-2013

+1

BloodGod22

04-11-2013

How dare people get angry when they are getting ripped off and lied to!!!

If i didn't know better it sounded like unhappy customers.

Shiralune

04-11-2013

So let me get this straight.

Riot releases skin for 1 year.

After this year, one guy says "We should charge more!" for these same skins that we haven't touched in a year.

And they charge more.

Have you ever, EVER seen a video game company do that? "Oh, we just released Pokemon Black and White 2. Let's sell that at 70$ and bump Black and White 1 to 65$."

Vensaval

04-11-2013

Because the price of a video game totally relates perfectly to an optional cosmetic purchase, right?

Again, stop ignoring the fact that a whole bunch of other skins got their prices reduced.

There are 341 skins available in the store right now. 79 will be cheaper. A mere 18 will cost two dollars in points more.

Oh my! This is a catastrophe! Riot has spread lies and slander! Torches and pitchforks!

Federok

04-11-2013

really capcom and EA? wow

the company of the dlc on disk

and

the company of the online modes with microtransactions.....for 60 dollars games!

wow....really....wow....

Shiralune

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vensaval View Post
Because the price of a video game totally relates perfectly to an optional cosmetic purchase, right?

Again, stop ignoring the fact that a whole bunch of other skins got their prices reduced.

There are 341 skins available in the store right now. 79 will be cheaper. A mere 18 will cost two dollars in points more.

Oh my! This is a catastrophe! Riot has spread lies and slander! Torches and pitchforks!
Because previous pokemon games don't have their prices reduced?

Let's understand a few things.
1. It takes constant amount of effort to produce new Black and White copies. It doesn't take any more effort to produce more "Frostblade Irelia" skins.

2. Game Freak's proud of their games, I'm sure. But you don't see them releasing the new Mystery Dungeon game and thinking.. "Dam. Mystery Dungeon Blue Explorers was a great game, but a few years old.... Let's increase the price on it!"

3. And actually, the price of a video game reflects even worse on this purely cosmetic change, because if anything, they have more of a reason to increase their costs. They have to constantly produce cartridges. Riot doesn't have to constantly "produce Frostblade Pixels".

Vensaval

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGod22 View Post
How dare people get angry when they are getting ripped off and lied to!!!
How'd you get ripped off? Riot priced things to their standards of quality. These changes have yet to be implemented.

Have you been planning to buy one or more of these 18 skins for a while? If so, then I'm sorry.

However, most of those skins have been out for quite a time. Odds are, if you, as a consumer, have been interested in one of those skins, you'd already have it. Therefore, these price changes do not effect you.