Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Im Sneaky, And could use a Tutor. =)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SneakyAzShiite

12-24-2012

Hey guys. Im sneaky. Im very new to LoL as ive only been gaming for a few years entirely and just recently started fiddling in PC games. I mainly play shooters on console and i enjoy strategy/free roam games.

With that said this is a total shock to me playing this game. Ive playing nothing of this type of genre. Someone brought me to LoL and im having a blast. I understand the basics but im looking to become a more tactical player. Is there anyone out there who wouldnt mind laning with me and teaching me good tactics ie movement, strengths of opponents in what situations and things of that nature. I know if i play a ton ill get better eventually but, i also know that playing with an experienced person will be a much less error free learning curve. I really look forward to becoming a strong addition to this community =P

Blue Scarlet

12-24-2012

There are more experienced players than me but I'll be glad to help you out, just add me in the game ask what want to you wana know.

SneakyAzShiite

12-24-2012

Oh thats another thing, if anyone wants to put pointers in here or just add me thats fine. my profile is the same name as on here: sneakyazshiite

Im a level 9 if that makes a difference to anyone. thanks!!!

Kirielis

12-24-2012

Well. There's tactics and there's strategy. At this point, though, you'd be best served by doing two things: one, learn basic mechanics. Things like csing (getting last hits on minions) and ranged/melee positioning are skills transferrable over all champions and roles. Two, learn all the champions so you don't get blindsided. Try everything out at least once in its freeweek.

I'm essentially suggesting that you get the basics down before you try anything else. When you have a solid grasp of the basics, then it's time to talk strategy and tactics. Strategy is map-wide and deals with things like where do we go after this team fight. Tactics is local and deals with things like who to focus in the fight (the squishiest one or the most dangerous one, unless you're the adc, in which case it's the one closest to you).

Or it could be time to work on your mechanics more and start animation cancelling or something, but honestly, this game isn't mechanics heavy enough that that'll get you very far. Decision-making is the name of the game at higher elos.

If you want to talk or ask questions in-game, that's my summoner name on the left there. You will get badly rolled if you PvP with level 30s, so if that's what you want, I am okay with that. As long as you learn from it.

SneakyAzShiite

01-18-2013

i never got updated about your responses. thanks for replying!

Im level 18now and have been playing regular matches. I have a good grasp of what this game is but playing solo isnt helping my development anymore. Playing with you might be what i need to take the next step.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-18-2013

feel free to add me

Distrez

01-18-2013

Sneaky ill add you later

Depressant Witch

01-18-2013

Sneaky, I shall train you to be the very best, like no one ever was.

SneakyAzShiite

01-20-2013

Awww yeah =D look forward to playing with all of you!

Pheardestroyer

01-20-2013

If you want to add another name to your friends list, i may not be a tactics and strategy type of person. But i love playing........